DevOps Engineer & Systems Administrator
Welcome to Striking Distance Studios!
Driven by people. Inspired by challenges. Relentless to deliver creative excellence.
At the intersection of art, design and technology lies Striking Distance Studios. Led by Dead Space and Call of Duty franchise veteran Glen Schofield, a new AAA development studio has risen within the San Ramon Hills of the San Francisco Bay Area. We have planted roots in beautiful Bishop Ranch and are now building our flagship state-of-the-art development studio establishing the East Bay as the new up and coming creative and technological hub we know it to be.
LED BY DEAD SPACE AND CALL OF DUTY FRANCHISE VETERAN GLEN SCHOFIELD, the development team at Striking Distance Studios is hard at work on its first game, The Callisto Protocol, a single player and story-driven survival horror game set in a prison colony on Jupiter’s moon Callisto. Here at Striking Distance Studios it is amazing people, an immersive experience and a passion for excellence that drives us each day. We are looking for people who push themselves creatively and learn with every new challenge. We give you the setting and the opportunity to do work you are proud of. We’re looking for the best to come join us and become part of a world-class team.
To us excellence is not a skill, but an attitude!
What we need:
Striking Distance Studios in Zaragoza, Spain, is currently seeking a DevOps Engineer and Systems Administrator with Unreal 4.x experience to join our team and help build our cloud and storage systems from the ground up. In this role you will be a significant contributor, not only to the SDS IT/Security team but a key partner to the game studio DevOps teams. You will also be responsible for building and monitoring the health and security of the SDS cloud infrastructure, working with cloud/SaaS providers, and responding to day-to-day operational requests. Your also
be responsible to maintain and improve automatic compiling and building solutions. You will possess solid technical skills, including experience in multi-cloud systems, storage environments, build environments, and cloud operations.
- Configure and manage workstations and servers’ hardware.
- Implement farms for distributed computation.
- Evaluate, adopt technologies and create tools that improve team efficiency and platform capabilities.
- Serve as an internal subject matter expert on Information technology, Security and cloud engineering environments for the game studio.
- Help develop IT/Security standards that help drive consistency across the game studio systems
- Partner with production teams to embed IT/cloud/security best practices into their development lifecycle.
- Monitor and improve current IT/cloud/security tools, including incident management, provisioning, and access management.
- Support security activities such as system hardening, patching, and scanning for vulnerabilities.
- Develop scripts and utilize automation for system builds and administration.
- Maintain documentation of systems configurations and procedures, including operational runbooks.
- Support cloud storage backup, replication and recovery.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or a related field, or equivalent experience.
- 3+ years’ experience in IT and information technology with relevant cloud/security experience.
- 1+ years’ experience of cloud-based environments (AWS, GCP, Azure).
- Experience with distributed secure networking from remote offices and sites.
- Experience in identifying and resolving technical/security issues during systems implementation.
- Should have experience with CI/CD, Jenkins and pipelines.
- Scripting and automation skills in Python, bash, or similar.
- Familiarity with DevOps methodologies and technologies: Docker, Kubernetes, etc.
- Experience with Perforce or equivalent repositories.
- Experience in Atlassian Suite such as Jira, Confluence, Opsgenie.
- The ability to participate in multiple projects concurrently, effective at time management and organization.
- Problem solving abilities, the ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment.
- Good understanding or ability to rapidly learn new technologies.
- Passion for the gaming industry, cloud or security discipline.
- Great collaboration skills and ability to work as a team across multiple disciplines.
- Great communication skills, as well as good interpersonal and relationship building skills.
Recommended Skills and Certifications:
- Knowledge of CloudFormation, Terraform, or “infrastructure as code” automation tools.
- Experience building Unreal Engine including Light Baking, Shader Compilation and Packaging.
- AWS/GCP/Azure Cloud certification desired with DevOps specialization would be helpful.
- Security+ Certification.
Due to recent scams, our recruiters will only reach out to you via @sds.com, @krafton.com or @pubg.com. If you received an email and are unsure you can always email email@example.com
Get jobs like this directly to your Inbox
Create Profile and Get Noticed