Who We Are:
MAKE LIFE EPIC
Founded in 1996, Firaxis Games is a world-renowned game development studio with an unwavering mission to “build games that stand the test of time”. The name Firaxis, a fusion of “fiery” and “axis,” communicates the company’s dynamic development process that results in the creation of ground breaking titles with unparalleled gameplay delivered to gamers around the world. Under the creative direction of industry legend Sid Meier, Firaxis has released dozens of hit games on multiple platforms and is recognized as an industry leader in game development.
Let gameplay drive decision making
Deliver great work for the studio, the team & yourself
Maintain an environment where people are happy
Find opportunities to contribute and collaborate
Put effort where it pays off the most
What We Need:
A Development Manager who is passionate about both process and gaming to provide daily production leadership to the team(s). Development Managers handle project and feature planning, balance scope with capacity, lead resource allocation, track progress, implement processes and handle risks and mitigation. Specifically:
- They understand the iterative nature of creative processes and how to coordinate them.
- They know how to build healthy, high functioning relationships with partners.
- They are a force multiplier for the team and understand how to empower them.
- They are Masters of Work Systems - feature & content pipelines.
What You Will Do:
- Support planning in all development stages from pre-production, production, launch, and live.
- Employ needed tools for tracking and communicating project status, including Shotgun, Jira, Word, Excel (can maintain and create sophisticated spreadsheets), PowerPoint, Perforce, etc.
- Drive and document team processes for scope and capacity management across fields and teams, evaluating and evolving is vital to support innovation and improvement.
- Guide teams to achieve our milestones on time and at quality.
- Identify and communicate delivery risks and mitigation plans.
- Maintain an environment that encourages creativity and collaboration.
Nice To Have:
- Experience leading teams, distributed across multiple different time zones.
- Experience operating in a live service/ops environment.
- Experience running cross-discipline teams and working with vendors and outsourcers.
- Ability to mediate and drive conflict resolution.
- Understand the status of your project and can visualize that status for any audience.
- Understand the complexities and requirements of production and how to handle them.
Named World’s #1 Developer of the Year by Game Informer Magazine in 2012, Firaxis is very proud of its legacy of developing award-winning titles. We have won multiple BAFTAs, D.I.C.E Awards, Game of the Year titles, and category awards (from “Best Strategy Game” to “Best PC Game”) across our products.
Additionally, our company was also featured in SmartCEO’s “Best-Run Book” for company culture and praised for a focus on “family, fun and flexibility.” Firaxis was also named a finalist in SmartCEO’s Healthiest Company Awards for 2016.
Firaxis Games prides itself on maintaining a quality of life inside and outside the studio – when our team members are happy and healthy, creativity can thrive. We offer boot camp fitness and yoga classes at the office, a free gym with shower, regularly catered lunches and breakfasts, biweekly Friday Happy Hours, company events and parties, and a “FunZone” complete with billiards, foosball, video games, and tabletop gaming space. We are also a philanthropic studio and offer employees the chance to volunteer with local charities and nonprofits throughout the year.
Full time employees can also take advantage of Medical, Dental, and Vision coverage, 401K retirement savings, a wellbeing initiative with the opportunity to earn cash rewards, an Employee Assistance Program, and paid time off and paid holidays.
SECURITY NOTICE - We have recently been made aware of increasing occurrences of bad actors posing as company HR personnel to gain information from "potential candidates", in the form of job interviews and offers. These scams can be quite sophisticated and appear legitimate.
Please know that 2K never uses instant messaging apps to contact prospective employees or to conduct interviews.
If you believe you have been a victim of such a scam, you may fill out a complaint form at https://complaint.ic3.gov/ and https://reportfraud.ftc.gov/ detailing as much as possible. We are taking these matters very seriously and apologize for any inconvenience.
Location: Sparks Glencoe, Maryland, United States
Country: United States