Remedy Entertainment, an independent game studio, is seeking a Development Director to work on their projects. The ideal candidate should have excellent project management, organizational, and communication skills, and be passionate about leading a team of experts. The Development Director will be responsible for project management and the operational model of the project, ensuring the game is delivered on time, within budget, and with high quality. The role requires several years of experience as an AAA Development Director/Lead Producer with at least 1 AAA project shipped in a production leadership position. The company offers an extensive set of employee benefits, opportunities for skill development, and work-life balance. The position can be considered for remote work outside of Finland on a case-by-case basis.
Remedy Entertainment, the creator of Control®, Quantum Break®, Max Payne®, Alan Wake® and Death Rally® and one of the leading independent game studios in the world is looking for a Development Director for a key role working on our projects.
We are looking for a seasoned Development Director; a team player with excellent project management, organizational and communication skills, someone who is passionate about leading a group of experts at Remedy.
Being accountable to the Executive Producer and being part of the project's core leadership team, the Development Director owns and drives the project management and the operational model of the project. You direct how the project gets organized and managed, in order to deliver the game in time, budget, and quality, within the given constraints of creative, technology, and business case.
You get to join an amazing studio, that is known for its spectacular, narrative driven games and to work with our extremely talented teams in a spirit of collaboration, trust and fun.
For this senior role, we can consider remote working outside of Finland case by case.
What you get to do
- Partner with project's leadership team to create effective and complete full-project strategies
- Establish project plans together with the project's leadership team and project leads to deliver the game in time, budget and quality
- Break down the project scope into sub-projects with the development managers to facilitate the scheduling, resource planning and cost analysis
- Own and drive the project's operational model and team structure and take care of a healthy team culture
- Define and monitor the production processes and actively seek for improvement to gain efficiency and better quality
- Ensure a transparent and active communication towards the project's core management, leads and development managers, as well as the PMO
- Own and drive the project risk and quality management processes
What you bring to the role
- Several years of experience as an AAA Development Director/Lead Producer with at least 1 AAA project shipped in a production leadership position
- Excellent project management skills
- Strong critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Positive attitude with a team-oriented mindset
- High motivation and capacity to learn new skills, use new tools and meet new people
What is in it for you
- At Remedy you get to work on awesome, memorable gaming experiences for our players, in a studio where your input is valued and your creative freedom is encouraged.
- We work in an environment that values both individual and teamwork, ensuring that everyone’s voice is heard & workload stays sensible. We believe in and support work-life balance. Happy people work better!
- We offer an extensive set of employee benefits and an annual bonus system as well as opportunities for you to develop your skills further. On top of this, in Finland and Sweden you get up to 5 weeks of paid vacation, in addition to public holidays and other special occasions.
- Our studio is based in Helsinki metropolitan area in Finland, a safe country with exceptional quality of life, free education and pristine nature at your doorstep. If you're not already in Finland, our relocation service is there every step of the way to take care of you. You can concentrate on work, while we’ll take care of everything else!
- If you are based in Sweden, we also welcome candidates to our new location in Stockholm.
To apply, please fill in the application form with your LinkedIn/CV and other information relevant to the position.
The position will be filled as soon as a suitable applicant is found.
Apply for this job
Location: Espoo, Finland or Stockholm, Sweden
Date found: 2023-03-17