1047 Games began with the simple principle that people should have fun while making great games. Bucking convention and driven by a passion to create the ultimate gaming experience, Ian Proulx and Nicholas Bagamian founded 1047 Games in 2017 in their Stanford dorm room. Their love for arena shooters of the past drove them to create Splitgate, a unique sci-fi first-person shooter that adds portal guns to upend the genre.
What started as two computer science majors putting portals into a first-person shooter for a project demo has evolved into a VC-backed company which has raised more than $120MM in funding.
At 1047 Games, you’ll find a permanently remote, dedicated team of top-tier talent from some of the world’s biggest gaming and tech companies who share our founders’ vision. Grit, ingenuity, a desire to have fun, and a start up mentality define our crew. We are currently working on a brand new shooter in the Splitgate universe.
What We're Looking For:
- A passionate development manager/director: You love to take on difficult, seemingly impossible problems and dig in to find creative ways to solve them
- A hard worker: You love to put in the extra effort, because you enjoy your work and know the impact of finishing the tasks at hand
- Passion for gaming: You can recognize what separates exceptional games from the average ones. You understand the mindset of gamers which enables you to create and implement features that will further benefit the game
What You Will Be Doing:
- Maintain team tasks and scheduling to ensure delivery of features and content
- Help with tracking, capacity planning, and prioritization of work
- Manage change requests and advise stakeholders on their effect, budget and resourcing
- Identify opportunities for improvement and collaborate with others to find creative solutions
- Help build, improve, and drive processes across our project management tools; planning, scope/capacity tracking, tool and plugin testing, and establishing best practices.
- Build and maintain an effective working schedule to ensure that project development milestones are delivered on time
- Keep the development team informed of project goals, schedule, status and deliverables
- Identify, assess, and prioritize risks followed by a coordinated application of resources to minimize and manage risks
- Work with the project leadership team to establish the strategy to meet milestones and important deliverables.
- Working on roadmap planning with dev leads, and aligning with team leadership to establish time and targets
- 5+ years of professional experience as a project manager, with experience in shipping AAA games.
- Formal education or professional certification related to project management is highly preferred
- Excellent change management skills, i.e., comfortable with ambiguity and constant change, yet able to set priorities and work commitments.
- Have passion, energy, enthusiasm to achieve results.
- Self-reflective; acknowledge own experience and experiences of others.
- Expertise with Production tools, including JIRA, Confluence, or similar task tracking solutions
- Knowledge and experience in Agile and Waterfall development practices
- People management experience in career growth & skills development desired
- Proficient understanding of various project management methodologies
- Organizational skills and ability to execute on projects on time, and at the expected level of quality.
- A good understanding of various disciplines that go into game development such as programming, art, design and audio.
Get jobs like this directly to your Inbox
Create Profile and Get Noticed