Are you someone who spends time examining user interfaces to theorize about how they are created? Do you enjoy enabling others through force-multiplication work? Are you excited about leading and growing the next generation of UI engineering talent?
As Destiny UI Systems Engineering Lead at Bungie, you will help set the UI discipline up for success. You will lead the team that delivers delightful tools and workflows to improve the efficiency and productivity of UI designers. You will mentor and guide junior engineers in craft skills, leveraging your user interface development wisdom. Most importantly, you will work with an exciting and talented team to deliver unforgettable gaming experiences to our Destiny fans.
- Lead a team of engineers creating, improving, and, maintaining foundational UI systems, tools, and workflows
- Work with leadership, customers, and stakeholders to represent the team and set priorities and direction for the team's roadmap and initiatives
- Guide the team to build practical, sustainable technical plans, acting as a technical decision-maker and driver
- Directly manage 2-4 engineers, providing support, mentorship, constructive feedback, and career development advice
- Work with craft leadership to participate in staffing and organizational planning and hiring
- Experience developing user interface features and systems for console and/or PC games
- Experience leading (managing, mentoring, or guiding) engineers through planning, developing, and shipping
- Capable of evaluating and guiding technical plans for complex systems
- Experience building performant, production quality code in C++ (templates, memory management, OOP, algorithms, etc.)
- Ability to collaborate effectively with customers of different technical and non-technical backgrounds to achieve goals
- Experience building and maintaining foundational UI systems for other engineers and content creators
- C# coding experience
- Experience with WPF
- Prior console development experience
- Familiarity or experience with Agile software development practices
This range is determined by an array of factors, including training, transferable skills, work experience, business needs, and market demands. Additionally, it is subject to change and may be modified in the future.
In the journey to make incredible worlds, Bungie employees don't simply do meaningful work - they receive meaningful support. Competitive salaries and discretionary bonus opportunities are just the start. We offer comprehensive healthcare coverage, generous 401(k) matching, flexible time off policies, paid parental leave, social clubs, and so much more. Check out our benefits page: Benefits - Bungie Careers to see all the perks that come with joining Bungie.
- 20 days of accrued time-off in the form of PTO and sabbatical days, depending on the level of the position
- 10 paid Floating Days annually, prorated in the first year of employment based on start date
- 10 paid Bungie-observed holidays annually
- One hour of Paid Sick Time (PST) for every 30 hours worked
International FTE employees receive competitive benefits.
Location: Hybrid / Bungie-Approved Remote Locations