Do you appreciate solid gameplay systems? Are you intrigued by RPG-like systems such as tech trees, crafting, and optimizing character builds for different needs? Would you like to work on awe-inspiring worlds that bring people together, sitting next to inspirational industry talent at a company that values work-life balance and is invested in creating an inclusive workplace for every employee?
In this role you’ll work closely with Design to innovate on gameplay systems that serve as the backbone for unique player experiences (e.g., progression, achievement, customization, social interaction, etc). You’ll learn to work within our engine, expanding its capabilities and crafting incredible player experiences. Most importantly, you’ll work with a fun and energetic team dedicated to improving our craft across the discipline.
- This position is full time in our offices in Bellevue & Seattle and we currently require all employees onsite to be fully vaccinated
- Own systemic gameplay features from design idea to implementation
- Extend and enhance the gameplay systems that drive Destiny 2
- Build and maintain production-quality C++ code
- Collaborate daily with a cross-disciplinary team to build amazing new technology, including forays beyond the core C++ engine (e.g., C++/C# scalable online services)
- Experience building and supporting systemic gameplay features such as itemization, crafting, economy, rewards, abilities, progression, retention, etc.
- Professional experience developing in C++
- Ability to communicate effectively with customers of different technical and non-technical backgrounds to build features and achieve goals
- Solid foundation in computer science fundamentals (e.g., algorithms, performance, data structures, etc)
- Experience working with scalable online services
- Experience working with modern console architectures and multi-platform systems
- Willing to manage or mentor other engineers
Get jobs like this directly to your Inbox
Create Profile and Get Noticed