Bungie is looking for an emerging Concept Artist who will work closely with the Destiny Concept team, Art Leads and Directors to generate compelling designs for the world of Destiny. You will also work closely with the production art teams, supporting them with visual direction while learning about the qualities that finished in-game content needs. As the ideal candidate, you should demonstrate solid foundational concept art skills, and a passion for collaborating with and learning from a stellar team of game developers.
We look for candidates who value joining a mission-focused team with a diverse set of backgrounds, experiences, interests, and viewpoints.
- Collaborate closely with the Art Director and other Concept Artists to produce quality designs that meet the established art direction.
- Create highly functional concept art for use by Production Artists to create their game content.
- Create thumbnails, sketches, model sheets and production paintings within deadline.
- Explore character, weapons & environment designs, and propose visual solutions for broad worldbuilding questions. The duties of the position include:
- Generation of conceptual thesis using information provided by production, design, or art direction.
- Create concepts that clearly illustrate characters and their environments.
- Attend briefing and brainstorming meetings and participate by bringing ideas or challenge direction when appropriate.
- Work closely with production to deliver quality artwork on time.
- Take on wide variety of art tasks with great proficiency on wide range of game elements like guns, characters, armors, vehicles, environments, and other seasonal art needs.
- Contribute original visual design ideas throughout pre-production and production.
- Ability to quickly iterate on concepts given input from the Art Director and Senior concept artists.
- Professional attitude, strong listening skills and an ability to take constructive criticism.
- Strong foundation in the traditional arts, including, but not limited to, figure drawing, landscape painting, graphic design and illustration.
- Emerging proficiency with industry-standard visual art software.
- The ability to carry an idea from the conceptual phase to finished illustration and an aptitude for learning how to translate these ideas to real-time game content.
- Self-driven, good communicator and a great team-player.
- AA/BFA or demonstration through portfolio, an industry standard level of art.
- Demonstrated excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- A passion for games and knowledge of Destiny and similar works in the genre.
- Experience with 3D tools is a plus.
- Updated Resume (PDF Preferred)
- Updated Portfolio / Demo Reel
- Provide password if applicable
- Tailor your portfolio to the specific job that your applying for
- Portfolio breakdown: provide additional notes, references, explanations, etc.
Get jobs like this directly to your Inbox
Create Profile and Get Noticed