We’re looking for a talented Design Principle to work within our brand design team, as we define our brand, refine our visual identity and consolidate and scale our design language system to make Improbable the most striking and recognizable brand within the games industry.
As Design Principle (Brand Experience Design) you will be a guiding creative force within a team that is dedicated to evoking the energy and ambition of the Improbable vision by creating a design that unlocks our customers’ imagination and does justice to a technology that is shaping new realities.
Working across digital, print, social media, and environments you will be part of a team that innovates in all areas of brand expression to deliver magic and beauty through brand storytelling, marketing communications, and physical/digital touchpoints.
Your embrace of our company values will parallel an obsession with detail, visual standards, and efficient management of time and resources. Encouraging and enabling the development of others in the team will come naturally to you, through mentoring and in-project direction.
Improbable technology is redefining the games industry. You will be used to translating powerful and complex propositions into inspiring and groundbreaking content pieces and experiences that speak directly to, engage with, and inspire our customers.
Areas of Impact:
- 1) Contributing to the design evolution of our brand story:
- Design Director for the visual definition and experience of our brands across all channels and touchpoints.
- Definition and creation of new methods of visual brand expression and interaction.
- Championing the role of brand in support of our company mission and marketing objectives.
- 2) Creating and managing a comprehensive Design Language System (DLS):
- Leading the design, creation and evolution of a system (DLS), for using and maintaining our visual brand and product languages.
- Developing ways in which the DLS supports specific company/marketing objectives.
- Educating others in how to best use the system for optimal creative output.
- 3) Processes & project delivery:
- Contributing to the continuous development of creative processes and methodologies.
- Ensuring that team design processes are used effectively to deliver projects.
- Effectively manage time and resource within projects and the wider team.
- 4) Team mentoring and company
- Contribution to the creative development of others in the design team through skills exchange.
- Participation in feedback and assessment of other team members.
- Contribution to the overall company culture through socials and company presentations.
We would like to hear from you if you identify with the following:
- Experience in brand creation and experience design across multiple channels, digital and offline.
- Creative leadership and quality control at both concept and implementation level.
- Ability to manage others effectively and competently through a defined creative process.
- High skill levels in all major design and production tools (Adobe Creative Suite, Sketch, etc.)
- Ideally experience working within the games industry or a technology-focused organization.
- Additional skills in motion graphics/animation, 3D modeling, video creation, and/or editing would be beneficial.
Improbable is determined to foster an environment where people can do their best work and feel like they belong. We believe a healthy culture, strong values and contribution from a diverse range of individuals will help us to achieve success.
We do not discriminate based on race, ethnicity, gender, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any other legally protected status.
Life at Improbable
Diversity, inclusion & belonging
Apply for this job
Date posted: 2022-01-20