About ProbablyMonsters’ Cauldron Team
At Cauldron, we’re passionate about empowering gamers to become the hero of their own adventures. We believe that a great story unites a global community, and we’re assembling the best creative talent in gaming to bring these stories – players’ stories – to life.
Our team is working on an original, industry-defining adventure game and seeks those who want to push the boundaries of not just their craft but player experiences and the industry as a whole.
Cauldron is proud to be part of ProbablyMonsters, which secured the largest Series A raise in gaming history at $250 million, providing our team with the resources and creative freedom needed to foster stable, rewarding, and life-long careers.
We are seeking a Design Lead who is experienced in building and maintaining a healthy Design team focused on clarity and driving to execution. Being able to work closely with the Game Director to set design vision and expectations, and ensure that all experiences are delivered on time and to the highest standards of quality throughout the lifecycle of the project.
The salary range for this position is $169,000 to $262,000. This range represents the salary for the position commensurate with experience, knowledge, and demonstrated success in the field.
WHO YOU ARE:
- Strong leader that values building healthy teams
- Evangelized executing at a high quality and helps unlocks potential in others
- Strong communication and collaboration skills across engineering and art disciplines
- Experienced and well-rounded across the game design discipline
- Excited to solve problems and help other designers refine their approach to realize product goals
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
- Continue to build a high functioning design department from the ground up, set it up for continued success
- Work with peers in other departments to assemble clear goals, and direction, and use that to lead, and motivate a team to execution
- Create and maintain a positive culture across the design team and promote a healthy work/life balance
- Be a reference for the team in relation to design and find solutions to complex issues that arise
- Supervise and support team of designers with clear and consistent direction
- Assist in maintaining milestone and general design schedules with production team
- Responsible for quality of all milestone & deliverables as they relate to the design department
- Excellent time management and prioritization skills
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Knowledge of data management software (such as perforce) and different hardware architectures
- Thorough working knowledge of blueprint and can explain these systems with ease
- Knowledge of Unreal Engine, its architecture and how to yield optimal results
- Knowledge of platform strengths and limitations
- Bachelor’s degree and/or equivalent combination of education, training, and experience
- Requires 7 years of related or equivalent work experience and 3 years of management experience
- Demonstrated experience mentoring other designers and providing insightful feedback on efforts
- Requires a minimum of having shipped at least 2 AAA video games
- Experience in the developing on at least two games on modern consoles (Xbox, PlayStation, Switch, PC etc.)
- Preferred experience in feature ownership on AAA game development team
- Preferred experience shipping software in unreal Engine 4 or 5
- Preferred experience shipping software on multiple platforms
OUR COMMITMENT TO YOU:
- A people-first culture founded on respect, trust, approachability, and accountability.
- A stable home that values your potential, deeply cares about your work-life balance, and is committed to investing in your craft and long-term career.
- We offer a competitive benefits package, including a sign-on bonus; annual stock option grants; health coverage (medical, dental, vision) paid at 100% for the employee and subsidized by the Company for dependents; Flexible Spending Account eligibility; life, accidental death, and disability insurance coverage; annual 401K contribution by the Company; Employee Assistance Program; and extensive paid time off plus holiday closures.
ProbablyMonsters is an independent AAA video game company that aims to change the way games are made and inspire a better industry for all. Our mission is to unite, guide, and empower talented teams to redefine what it means to create exceptional games. Each team is led by creative leaders united under a strong, focused vision. They're given the resources and creative environment needed to foster stable, life-long careers while delivering industry-defining games within a healthy, rewarding culture.
Location: Bellevue, Washington
Country: United States