PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play — it’s also the Best Place to Work. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in entertainment producing The PlayStation family of products and services including PlayStation®5, PlayStation®4, PlayStation®VR, PlayStation®Plus, acclaimed PlayStation software titles from PlayStation Studios, and more.
PlayStation also strives to create an inclusive environment that empowers employees and embraces diversity. We welcome and encourage everyone who has a passion and curiosity for innovation, technology, and play to explore our open positions and join our growing global team.
The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
Department Assistant – Global Communications
San Mateo, CA (hybrid in office 2-3 a week)
For our Global Communications team, we are looking for a highly detail oriented department assistant with a passion for interactive entertainment game development. The individual will support and manage the day to day work with our software, hardware, and corporate communications teams.
- 50% of time support Corporate Communication administrative tasks, 50% of time support of Platform and Software Communication administrative tasks
- Provide administrative and logistical support including, but not limited to calendaring, travel arrangements, expense reports, and event support
- Project Management to ensure leaders meet deadlines and stay on target
- Formatting and distribution of departmental and staff-wide correspondence
- Schedule cross functional meetings. Attend meetings; take minutes, coordinate, and distribute to team members.
- Publishing material on internal channels for SIE staff
- Collaborate with management to set company meetings, events and staff celebrations, including arranging logistics, agenda, meals, and entertainment while working in collaboration with Facilities, IT, and external parties.
- Liaise with IT department on technical support for leadership and departmental staff.
- Maintain a high degree of confidentiality/discretion
Qualifications & Experiences:
- Bachelors’ Degree required and/or relevant work experience
- 3-5 years of administrative or relevant work experience in a corporate environment
- Proficiency in using Microsoft Office: Strong PowerPoint skills, Outlook, Word, and Excel, Internet applications and Internal Data Base systems
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Experience and ability to work in a fast-paced environment
Desired Knowledge, skills, abilities:
- Experience in Senior Management/Executive Level interaction
- The ability to act as a motivated, reliable, self-starter who uses initiative to work proactively.
- Patient, persistent, and pragmatic.
- Visual or graphical communication skills
- 1(+) years experience in the game development industry or related field
- (Native) Japanese speaker
This is an hourly non-exempt role.
At SIE, we consider several factors when setting each role’s base pay range, including the competitive benchmarking data for the market and geographic location.
Please note that the base pay range may vary in line with our hybrid working policy and individual base pay will be determined based on job-related factors which may include knowledge, skills, experience, and location.
In addition, this role is eligible for SIE’s top-tier benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, matching 401(k), paid time off, wellness program and coveted employee discounts for Sony products. This role also may be eligible for a bonus package. Click here to learn more.
Equal Opportunity Statement:
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender (including gender identity, gender expression and gender reassignment), race (including colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin), religion or belief, marital or civil partnership status, disability, age, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, trade union membership or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
PlayStation is a Fair Chance employer and qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records will be considered for employment.
Location: United States, San Mateo, CA
Country: United States