PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play — it’s also the Best Place to Work. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in entertainment producing The PlayStation family of products and services including PlayStation®5, PlayStation®4, PlayStation®VR, PlayStation®Plus, acclaimed PlayStation software titles from PlayStation Studios, and more.
PlayStation also strives to create an inclusive environment that empowers employees and embraces diversity. We welcome and encourage everyone who has a passion and curiosity for innovation, technology, and play to explore our open positions and join our growing global team.
The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
Data Scientist, Monetization – Product and Data Strategy
The Product and Data Strategy (PDS) team shapes the direction of our platform, and defines and leverages data to shape key decisions, and to identify new opportunities.
Data Scientists in the PDS team apply advanced analytical methods and tools to drive value from the data, deliver an in-depth understanding of consumer behaviors and support multi-channel targeting and personalization. We apply data science methods, build data driven products and develop a deep understanding of what makes our business tick.
In the Monetization Product Delivery group our data scientists work in a multidisciplinary team alongside Machine Learning and Software Engineers to deliver product recommendations and targeting models that help our players discover relevant content across our platform.
Be involved in a wide range of analytical project activities: from requirements gathering through data modelling and processing; carrying out segmentation or building and deploying predictive models; presenting findings to partners and building reusable data products through close collaboration with the relevant engineering teams.
You could have a background in data science, consulting, computer science or elsewhere, but you will be passionate about delivering value from large volumes of data and have the blend of commercial and technical skills required to do so.
What we're looking for:
- Exceptional analytical, quantitative, problem-solving, and critical thinking skills
- Strong data management and coding skills. You can write production quality code in both SQL and Python, including common data science libraries such as scikit-learn
- An academic background that includes the fundamentals of data science. You will probably have a Masters’ degree or PhD in a relevant technical or mathematical field
- Experience applying data science techniques in a commercial environment, including supervised and unsupervised machine learning, multivariate experimentation, and other statistical analyses
- Strong written & verbal communication skills; including the ability to present detailed analyses to a broad audience
- Ability to work collaboratively with other business units to achieve common objectives
- Organized self-starter, with drive and commitment; able to work with little supervision
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to maintain effective working relationships
- Experience working with data science tooling on major cloud computing platforms
- Experience with recommender systems
- Experience of relevant industries (e.g. gaming, digital commerce, subscription services)
- Interest in gaming
Primarily based in London, but a global role supporting colleagues in the US, Europe and Japan. Some global travel may be required.
- Discretionary bonus opportunity
- Hybrid Working (within Flexmodes)
- Private Medical Insurance
- Dental Scheme
- 25 days holiday per year
- On Site Gym
- Subsidised Café
- Free soft drinks
- On site bar
- Access to cycle garage and showers
Equal Opportunity Statement:
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender (including gender identity, gender expression and gender reassignment), race (including colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin), religion or belief, marital or civil partnership status, disability, age, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, trade union membership or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
PlayStation is a Fair Chance employer and qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records will be considered for employment.
Location: United Kingdom, London
Country: United Kingdom