As a leading mobile games developer, Jam City is looking to “level up” our talent. We’re searching for innovators who consider themselves dynamic, collaborative, and thrive in a fast-paced environment.
PERKS & BENEFITS
Professional Development Opportunities
About the Job:
As a data engineer, you'll be working alongside our Analytics team to expand and optimize our data and data pipeline architecture.
The ideal candidate has advanced working SQL knowledge and experience building ETL processes and workload management. The role will require to manipulate, process, and extract value from several sources like raw events tables and data APIs so proficiency with programming languages (preferably Python), SQL and version control software (Git) is desirable for the position.
You will be an integral part of the Analytics team - helping to enhance the team by building and maintaining CI/CD tools for data integrity.
- You'll be responsible for supporting the data needs of our analysts on data initiatives and will ensure optimal data delivery architecture is consistent across JamCity games.
- Collaborate on developing, automating, and supporting pipelines to extract, transform, and load data.
- Assist with coding, designing, deploying, and debugging Python/SQL tools for data aggregation, processing, and analysis.
- Further automate internal data analysis processes and level up JamCity's future data science efforts.
- Assist in creating educational content to improve the technical skills of the Analytics team.
- Graduates or advanced students in Engineering or Computer Science.
- Familiarity with Python and SQL
- Version control systems (Git)
- Workflows monitors tools (airflow desirable)
- Distributed systems (desirable)
- Experience using Databricks (desirable)
CHECK OUT LIFE AS A JAM CITIZEN:
- Company news and events on our LinkedIn
- Company Blog
- Employee Feedback on our Comparably page
- Find videos on our teams and games on our Youtube
OUR COMMITMENT TO EQUITY, DIVERSITY, & INCLUSION
We believe in creating games that unite people across the world and that showcase our commitment to providing an environment that is both inclusive and diverse for our players and employees. We strive to create a workforce that is reflective of our global player community as we know that we are stronger and better when we play together. To help promote an inclusive culture, we celebrate the visible and invisible diversity of our Jam Citizens through initiatives including Employee Resource Groups, cultural events, trainings, speaker series, and more.
Jam City is an equal opportunity employer. We enthusiastically accept our responsibility to make employment decisions without regard to race, age, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, ancestry, religion, ethnicity, marital, or domestic partnerships status, disability, genetic information (including the refusal to submit to genetic testing), predisposing genetic characteristics, military status, veteran status, domestic violence victim status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expressions, or any other classification protected by federal, state, and local laws. Our management is committed to following this policy with respect to hiring, placement, promotion, transfer, demotion, layoff, termination, recruiting, pay, and other forms of compensation, training, and general treatment during employment.
ABOUT JAM CITY
Jam City is an award-winning mobile entertainment studio providing unique and deeply engaging games that appeal to a broad, global audience.
Led by CEO Chris DeWolfe, former MySpace co-founder and CEO, and COO Josh Yguado, former 20th Century Fox executive, Jam City is the creative powerhouse behind some of the highest-grossing and most enduring mobile games. Jam City’s global franchise Cookie Jam has generated more than half a billion dollars, and Panda Pop has more than 120 million downloads to date.
The company also is the go-to studio for Hollywood, having developed immersive, narrative-rich mobile games around iconic entertainment brands. The company’s popular RPG game Harry Potter: Hogwarts Mystery was the #1 game in more than 40 countries at its launch in April 2018.
Jam City has nine studios located in Los Angeles (HQ), Berlin, Buenos Aires, Bogotá, Burbank, Cedar Falls, San Diego, San Francisco, and Toronto.
Apply for this job
Date posted: 2022-01-20