At Rockstar Games, we create world-class entertainment experiences.
A career at Rockstar Games is about being part of a team working on some of the most creatively rewarding and ambitious projects to be found in any entertainment medium. You would be welcomed to a dedicated and inclusive environment where you can learn, and collaborate with some of the most talented people in the industry.
Rockstar San Diego is on the lookout for a talented Data Architect who possesses a passion for data and games. This candidate loves a variety of data, context, and business problems; they also want to ensure that our Data Scientists and Stakeholders can efficiently collect the best data to produce the best insights for the situation.
This is a full-time permanent position based out of Rockstar’s unique game development studio in Carlsbad, CA.
WHAT WE DO
- The Rockstar Analytics team provides insights and actionable results to a wide variety of stakeholders across the organization in support of their decision making.
- We partner with multiple departments across the company to design and implement data and pipelines.
- We collaborate as a global team to develop cutting-edge data pipelines, data products, data models, reports, analyses, and machine learning applications.
- Design, improve, and manage the main datasets to optimize Data Scientist exploration, model building, and reporting on our data.
- Build processes and framework to ensure that data solutions align with availability, quality, and performance goals.
- Partner with Engineering and ML Platform to implement processes and systems that enable the team to build scalable, high-quality solutions.
- Coordinate with Engineering team to validate and push optimized query logic to our data lake.
- Organize and optimize local ETLs for specific data science models and ad hoc reporting.
- Work with Data Science and ML Platform team to move specialized code used for data extraction, processing, and integration into our production environment.
- Set best practices for how our data is organized to reduce duplication, process bottlenecks, and time to live for data products.
- Work with Data Governance to document business rules, data cleansing, and other relevant transformations of data.
- 3+ years of experience developing data warehouses and data models.
- Experience with big data, data modelling, and/or data architecture required.
- Hands-on experience in data requirements and technical requirements gathering, preferably in the following sectors: video games, e-commerce, digital products, digital video, sports, media and entertainment.
- Experience creating cross-functional documentation for multiple stakeholders and teams.
- Good knowledge of Tableau desired.
- Game industry experience strongly desired.
- Experience with SQL, Python, and PySpark in a big data environment.
- Experience with large data sets in distributed computing systems such as Spark, Cassandra, Kafka.
- Experience with designing and developing enterprise data solutions, applications, and integrations.
- Experience in communicating to and working with a variety of stakeholders.
- Ability to develop and maintain good relations and communicate with people at all levels of the organization.
- Strong problem-solving and meticulous organizational skills.
Please note that these are desirable skills and are not required to apply for the position.
- Experience with Snowflake and Databricks in Azure or other cloud service platforms (GCP/AWS).
- Experience with Tableau and Alation.
- Game Industry Experience.
This position can be based out of either our San Diego or NYC studios.
HOW TO APPLY
Please apply with a resume and cover letter demonstrating how you meet the skills above. If we would like to move forward with your application, a Rockstar recruiter will reach out to you to explain next steps and guide you through the process.
Rockstar is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and we are committed to hiring, promoting, and compensating employees based on their qualifications and demonstrated ability to perform job responsibilities.
If you’ve got the right skills for the job, we want to hear from you. We encourage applications from all suitable candidates regardless of age, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, belief, or race.
The pay range for this position in San Diego at the start of employment is expected to be between the range below* per year. However, base pay offered is based on market location, and may vary further depending on individualized factors for job candidates, such as job-related knowledge, skills, experience, and other objective business considerations. Subject to those same considerations, the total compensation package for this position may also include other elements, including a bonus and/or equity awards, in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits. Details of participation in these benefit plans will be provided if an employee receives an offer of employment. If hired, employee will be in an "at-will position" and the company reserves the right to modify base salary (as well as any other discretionary payment or compensation or benefit program) at any time, including for reasons related to individual performance, company or individual department/team performance, and market factors.
Location: Carlsbad, California, United States
Country: United States