WHAT MAKES US EPIC?
At the core of Epic’s success are talented, passionate people. Epic prides itself on creating a collaborative, welcoming, and creative environment. Whether it’s building award-winning games or crafting engine technology that enables others to make visually stunning interactive experiences, we’re always innovating.
Being Epic means being a part of a team that continually strives to do right by our community and users. We’re constantly innovating to raise the bar of engine and game development.
What We Do
Use your expert experience in data & analytics to build powerful stories and visuals that inform the games we make, the technology we develop, and business decisions that drive Epic.
What You'll Do
Epic Games is looking for a Data Analyst to join our growing Ecosystem Security team. In this role, you'll directly contribute to improving the online experience for both our developers and players. If you are an avid gamer and currently working as an analyst, this may be the job for you! The primary objective of the position is to use data to fight cheating, fraud, or any other type of ecosystem security threat, so that Epic can create the best possible products. In this role you will take initiative and work autonomously in a fast-paced environment.
In this role, you will
- Build a deep understanding of our products and becoming the de-facto expert on all analytics data collected
- Work closely with engineers to define and document requirements for what analytics events we need to capture, developing and delivering both written reports with analysis and real-time dashboards
- Develop robust ETL processes for getting data into a form useful for analysis and dashboarding
- Performing in-depth analysis on said data to provide insights to executives, development teams, and other stakeholders
- Working with publishing and design to document hypothesis/questions that we want to validate/answer
What we're looking for
- Previous professional experience as an analyst
- Skilled in SQL, Python, and Tableau (Vizion and Power BI are a plus)
- Experience creating ETL processes for converting raw data into data useful for analytics
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Passion for both video games and analytics
- Preference to applications with experience in machine learning, Snowflake, or Go
If you have a portfolio, reel, or website you'd like to share, please hyperlink it to your resume, or submit it as an attachment with your application.
This position is listed in multiple locations across North America including
Cary, North Carolina
San Francisco, California
Los Angeles, California
Epic Games spans across 19 countries with 55 studios and 4,500+ employees globally. For over 25 years, we’ve been making award-winning games and engine technology that empowers others to make visually stunning games and 3D content that bring environments to life like never before. Epic’s award-winning Unreal Engine technology not only provides game developers the ability to build high-fidelity, interactive experiences for PC, console, mobile, and VR, it is also a tool being embraced by content creators across a variety of industries such as media and entertainment, automotive, and architectural design. As we continue to build our Engine technology and develop remarkable games, we strive to build teams of world-class talent.
Like what you hear? Come be a part of something Epic!
Epic Games deeply values diverse teams and an inclusive work culture, and we are proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer. Learn more about our Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Policy here.
Get jobs like this directly to your Inbox
Create Profile and Get Noticed