Skydance Animation is seeking a Crowd TD with 2+ years of professional experience in VFX and 1+ years of experience in the animation industry. The candidate should have experience working with crowd software and a strong proficiency in Houdini. The responsibilities include developing and maintaining crowd shots for production, creating systems behind crowd shots, and organizing complex crowd data. The candidate should have good knowledge of 3D in general and be proficient in English. Skydance is an equal opportunity employer committed to building a diverse, equitable, and inclusive workforce.
Skydance offers a dynamic, inclusive, and ever-evolving culture where innovative ideas are welcomed, and growth fostered. The partnership between unique creativity and technological advancements are demonstrated within each pillar of the company. At the heart of it all is a commitment to boldly entertaining and relevant storytelling.
While all Animation studios look to hire people who are creative and hard-working, Skydance Animation is specifically looking for pioneers who seek to push the limits of what the world’s most collaborative art form can achieve, and to give those pioneers the space and the resources to build a new studio that’s doing something different.
As a Crowd TD, you will be a member of the crowd team in developing and maintaining crowd shots for production. You will have the chance to develop tools and help in creating the systems behind many crowd shots.
- Work on production sequences to produce crowd shots from several to thousand agents crowd framework.
- Maintain a consistent level of productivity while meeting deadlines and producing high quality work.
- Work closely with the Lead / Supervisor.
- Capability to organize and maintain complex crowd data.
- 2+ years of professional experience in VFX.
- 1+ years of experience in the animation industry.
- Professional experience working with crowd softwares.
- Understanding of crowd systems: agents, behavior, simulation.
- Strong proficiency in Houdini.
- Experience with Maya is a benefit.
- Proficiency with scripting languages (i.e. VEX, Hscript, Python, etc.) C/C++
- Experience in rigging, animation, and cloth simulation are pluses.
- Good knowledge of 3D in general.
- Proficient in English.
Skydance is a diversified media company founded by David Ellison in 2010 to create high quality, event-level entertainment for global audiences. The Company brings to life stories of immersive worlds across its feature film, television, interactive, and animation divisions.
Skydance is proud to be an equal opportunity employer committed to building and fostering a diverse, equitable, and inclusive workforce. We welcome and consider applicants for employment regardless of race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, citizenship, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, pregnancy status, military/veteran status, disability, or any other protected category. Diversity in the workplace is not just a commitment, it is who we are and a reflection of what makes our world special.
Recruitment Fraud Alert
It has come to our attention that there may be fraudulent activity by individuals impersonating our Talent Acquisition team. Skydance will only contact you from an official “@skydance.com” email address. If you suspect that you are being contacted by an unauthorized person or believe that the correspondence you have received is suspicious, please do not click on any links or attachments in such emails and submit any questions or concerns to our information security team at email@example.com.
Apply for this job
Location: Madrid, Spain
Date found: 2023-03-17