Skydance Animation is seeking a Crowd Animator to join their team. The ideal candidate should have at least 1 year of experience in the animation industry, proficiency in Maya, and experience in rigging and cloth simulation. The Crowd Animator will be responsible for animating cycles/loops and sequences to be taken into the crowd system and run through the pipeline. They will also animate various secondary characters for shots, animate vignettes, layout characters and props, and manage multiple animated scenes at once. Skydance is an equal opportunity employer committed to building and fostering a diverse, equitable, and inclusive workforce.
Skydance offers a dynamic, inclusive, and ever-evolving culture where innovative ideas are welcomed, and growth fostered. The partnership between unique creativity and technological advancements are demonstrated within each pillar of the company. At the heart of it all is a commitment to boldly entertaining and relevant storytelling.
While all Animation studios look to hire people who are creative and hard-working, Skydance Animation is specifically looking for pioneers who seek to push the limits of what the world’s most collaborative art form can achieve, and to give those pioneers the space and the resources to build a new studio that’s doing something different.
As a Crowd Animator, you will be a member of the crowd team animating cycles/loops and sequences to by taken into our crowd system and run through the pipeline.
- Animate various secondary characters for shots
- Animate various characters in loops and cycles.
- Animate vignettes (small stories).
- Layout characters and props.
- Publish to our pipeline with given tools.
- Maintain a consistent level of productivity while meeting deadlines and producing high quality work.
- Work closely with the Lead / Supervisor.
- Manage multiple animated scenes at once.
- Manage animation library.
- 1+ years of experience in the animation industry.
- Professional experience in crowd a benefit.
- Professional experience in video games a benefit.
- Understanding of crowd systems: agents, behavior, simulation a benefit.
- Strong proficiency in Maya.
- Experience in rigging, and cloth simulation are pluses.
- Creative skills at making expressive animation.
- Proficient in English.
Skydance is a diversified media company founded by David Ellison in 2010 to create high quality, event-level entertainment for global audiences. The Company brings to life stories of immersive worlds across its feature film, television, interactive, and animation divisions.
Skydance is proud to be an equal opportunity employer committed to building and fostering a diverse, equitable, and inclusive workforce. We welcome and consider applicants for employment regardless of race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, citizenship, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, pregnancy status, military/veteran status, disability, or any other protected category. Diversity in the workplace is not just a commitment, it is who we are and a reflection of what makes our world special.
Recruitment Fraud Alert
It has come to our attention that there may be fraudulent activity by individuals impersonating our Talent Acquisition team. Skydance will only contact you from an official “@skydance.com” email address. If you suspect that you are being contacted by an unauthorized person or believe that the correspondence you have received is suspicious, please do not click on any links or attachments in such emails and submit any questions or concerns to our information security team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Apply for this job
Location: Madrid, Spain
Date found: 2023-05-12