Double Negative Visual Effects
We do not currently have openings available for this position but we are accepting speculative applications. If you would like to be considered for future opportunities, please submit an application. We will keep your details on our database and contact you when a position becomes available, should you have the required skills and experience which match this position.
Creature TDs at DNEG are integral to the development of animation and simulation rigs for creatures, digital doubles, vehicles, props and subsequent simulations. You will find technical and creative solutions to develop high-quality rigs and simulations according to the needs of the production.
- Minimum of 3 years experience in feature films
- Thorough knowledge of an area of creature specialization and a broad understanding of the other areas, which include rigging and enveloping in Maya, cloth, hair, flesh and crowd simulations.
- Full working knowledge of Maya
- Be comfortable with the more technical aspects of creature work where appropriate
- Have strong visual and artistic skills
- Familiarity with pipeline issues and a typical creature heavy post-production environment
- Programming or scripting skills (e.g. Python, Mel), depending on the area of specialization
- An interest in anatomy, tailoring, grooming or mechanics depending on your area of specialization
- Houdini Creature FX set-ups and simulation
- A good General TD background
- Strong understanding of Linux/Unix based operating systems
- Organized, pro-active and a self-starter
- A team player and clear communicator, and a keenness for collaboration
- Adaptable and with a willingness to learn new skills and techniques – including proprietary software
- Calm under pressure and committed to meeting production deadlines
- A positive, can-do attitude
We are DNEG, one of the world’s leading VFX and animation studios for the creation of award-winning feature film, television and multiplatform content. We employ nearly 8,000 people with worldwide offices and studios across North America (Los Angeles, Montréal, Toronto, Vancouver), Europe (London) and Asia (Bangalore, Mohali,Chennai, Mumbai) and Australia (Sydney).
Location: Vancouver, Canada
Subscribe to all Animation jobs in Canada
Create Profile and Get Noticed