Wargaming is looking for а Creative Director reporting to the Head of WoWS Franchise to work on World of Warships PC in our brand-new Belgrade office.
World of Warships is the best naval game around, letting you take the command of legendary warships from the period of the 20th century as you battle your way across the open sea with other players.
The project is driven by a team of international developers who combine talent with their passion for video games, resulting in World of Warships being a favorite hobby for millions all around the globe while keeping its community ever-growing!
The Creative Director will oversee game design, hold roadmap for the product, and share expertise within the company. Working closely with both development & publishing teams, Creative Director will ensure our game is sailing in the right direction at full speed. Qualified candidates will have demonstrated experience in establishing and guiding creative leadership teams from initial concept to release.
What will you do?
- Set the creative direction: To develop & maintain the overall creative vision for the game. You will work closely with the development team to ensure that the game meets the creative goals and is consistent with the intended theme and style
- Oversee the development process: Involvement in all stages of game development, from concept to final release. Work with the team to ensure that the game is on track, and that it meets the expectations of stakeholders, including the publisher, development, Product’s Head and players feedback
- Manage the creative team: including writers, artists, designers, and programmers.
- Lead, coach, mentor and inspire the creative team to do their best work in developing and creating a new world.
- Make design decisions: including game mechanics, user interface, visual style, and audio design. Work closely with the design team to ensure that the game is both fun and engaging
- Ensure the quality: Work closely with the quality assurance team to identify and fix any bugs or issues with the game
- Manage the budget: work with the producer and other stakeholders to ensure that the game is completed within budget
- Facilitate communication, organization, and accountability across all departments to ensure project goals are met, and brand representation is consistent and of high quality
What are we looking for?
- Minimum of 8+ years of experience in game production or art/narrative direction
- Experience managing and guiding creative employees effectively
- Shown success collaborating with internal departments and external agencies
- Strong project management skills and ability to maintain a strategic view of all work
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills for working with internal and external teams
- Bachelor's degree in game development, art, or a related field, or equivalent work experience
- Fluent Russian and proficient English skills
What additional skills will help you stand out?
Have shipped at least one AAA title as a creative leader
Wargaming Belgrade is a game development studio in Serbia and a key member of the Wargaming global network. Our studio is home to talented and dedicated teams of game developers, artists, and designers, one of them being World of Warships team, who are passionate about creating the best gaming experiences for our players.
Benefits and perks are tailored to the local market and culture. Belgrade's office benefits include:
- Premium Private Health
- Additional Vacation days on top of the statutory minimum of 20 working days (maximum +5 working days dependent on years of services with Wargaming Group)
- 8 “Trust days” per calendar year that require no medical certificate
- Career development and education opportunities within the company (training through the WG SkillUP internal platform with free access to many external educational resources)
- Team building / corporate events
- Gym trainings / Wellness program
- Personal Gaming Account
- Coffee, fruits, snacks in the office
- Seniority Awards
- Referral program - you can recommend the best talents to the Company and receive a reward
Wargaming is an award-winning online game developer and publisher headquartered in Nicosia, Cyprus. Operating since 1998, Wargaming has become one of the leaders in the gaming industry with 15 offices worldwide, including studios in Chicago, Prague, Shanghai, Tokyo, and Vilnius. Our diverse and multicultural team works together to deliver a top-class experience to millions of players who enjoy Wargaming's titles across all major gaming platforms. Our flagship products include free-to-play hits World of Tanks, World of Warships and World of Tanks Blitz.