Copywriter (Content Specialist)
ABOUT GAMEGROOVE CAPITAL
Gamegroove Capital is an early-stage venture capital and accelerator firm that focuses on videogames and related technologies. It was founded in 2019 by visionary Alex Zoll.
Gamegroove provides funding and support to innovators and companies we believe are contributing great things to the ever-changing gaming landscape. We help them bring their ideas and projects to life. So far, we have pledged over $6 million to over 20 independent startups. These include independent developer Gunzilla Games, Blackwood Games (known for Warface, an online shooter with over 80 million users), gamer-centric social network Plink (over 5 million users), mobile game developer RoyalePlay, and Sonus, an integrated communications solution for game developers.
Each studio and individual leading a Gamegroove-supported project shares the same desire to better the gaming industry along with the drive, dedication, and perseverance to make it happen.
We believe that "behind every successful project, there is A TEAM." That's why we're seeking real idea drivers who can contribute to the gaming, so we can contribute in you.
ABOUT THE JOB
Gamegroove Capital is looking for a Copywriter (Content Specialist) to strengthen our Marketing Department and dive deep into the world of first-class AAA games and fun.
- Familiarize yourself with our organization's brand ideals and website to create content that supports our objectives and desired identity
- Develop a website & social media strategy that encompasses the goals of a company and aligns with the company's image
- Create web content and monitor its effectiveness over time
- Research products, materials, style trends across the industry to produce up to date industry-leading copy
- Be skilled in writing clear, concise, and grammatically correct copy
- Effectively manage daily administrative tasks
- Manage activities of a content team that will compose of writers, graphic designers, videographers, and other industry professionals
- Use target keywords to write search-engine copy that is optimized for search engines (SEO) while remaining entertaining and informative
- At least 3 years of agency experience or in a similar role
- Ability to conceive fresh and appealing ideas for new content that establishes or supports the company's brand identity
- Expertise with using SEO best practices to write creative copy that includes effective keyword placement
- Ability to work autonomously and under minimal management
- Strong digital content experience - ideally long-form, editorial copywriting, and blogs
- Excellent verbal communication skills with a good command of the English language
- Extremely computer literate, especially with how to write, interpret and edit HTML scripts
- Advanced written communication skills and an ability to read copy in English
- Experience with social media engagement strategies and best practices
- Strong skills in creating original content that targets a specific audience and meets the company objective
- Basic technical knowledge of MS Office, Mailchimp, WordPress, or content software tools
Apply for this job
Date posted: 2022-01-20