Unity is looking for a contract specialist to join our legal team’s product group, supporting Unity’s growing portfolio of new products and services. This position may be based out of Unity’s office in Copenhagen and will partner closely with team members across the globe.
This is an outstanding opportunity to work with and have a direct impact on the development and commercialization of products. If you are a collaborative teammate with a passion for creative problem-solving, this is a great fit for you!
What you’ll be doing
- Provide legal support to product counsel, including reviewing and providing advice on IP and licensing queries from our developers and engineers. This requires a fundamental understanding of sophisticated concepts like IP ownership, licensing, and data privacy.
- Handle a diverse and exciting workload with competing priorities and assist in crafting scalable solutions for development-related legal work.
- Provide contracting and IP support for various inbound and outbound licensing agreements ranging from day-to-day operational agreements, terms of service to creating and maintaining form agreements.
- Partner with legal team members to learn Unity legal strategies, build and maintain general product and IP guidelines, and define practices that promote efficient workflows to resolve legal requests.
- Act as a utility player and work across a variety of projects and teams by handling special projects and tasks in collaboration with our legal team.
What we’re looking for
- You're passionate about technology and are curious about Unity’s technology and services; you don’t need to be an engineer or deeply technical but you need to love working with people who are.
- You've worked with a legal team on intellectual property issues and have drafted a wide assortment of technology agreements.
- You have outstanding judgment and are an effective and persuasive communicator.
- You can handle ambiguity, balance many matters at once, and quickly shift from one situation or task to another.
- You're eager to be part of one of the best legal teams in tech.
You might also have
- You view a fast-paced environment and growing company as a great opportunity to make an impact.
- You love learning and helping others learn - you see creating legal ambassadors throughout the company as a huge win.
- You're a self-starter with a roll-up-your-sleeves attitude.
Life at Unity
Unity (NYSE: U) is the world’s leading platform for creating and operating real-time 3D (RT3D) content. Creators, ranging from game developers to artists, architects, automotive designers, filmmakers, and others, use Unity to make their imaginations come to life. Unity’s platform provides a comprehensive set of software solutions to create, run and monetize interactive, real-time 2D and 3D content for mobile phones, tablets, PCs, consoles, and augmented and virtual reality devices.
Unity is at the forefront of development by working alongside partners to ensure optimized support for the latest releases and platforms. Apps developed by Unity creators were downloaded more than five billion times per month in 2020. For more information, please visit www.unity.com.
Unity is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. If there are preparations or accommodations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this website or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity.
Location: Copenhagen, Denmark
Date posted: 2022-01-20