Tripwire Interactive is looking for talented, dedicated, and passionate individuals to join our team. We're an independent video game developer and publisher, known for first-person shooters like Red Orchestra, the wildly popular Killing Floor series, and more recently, the action RPG Maneater. Tripwire has solidified its place as one of the games industry’s leading independent developers. Our independence means the ability to work on our own timetables to craft games with a singular voice that reflects our own unique vision. We’re located in Roswell, GA, a historic suburb of Atlanta, where living is affordable and proximity to the city provides for plenty of opportunities. We believe in a collaborative work environment where team members are encouraged to take risks and push the boundaries of our medium. If that sounds like something you could get into, we'd love to hear from you!
We are looking for an experienced Contract Environment Artist to join our battle tested team, helping to develop visually compelling worlds that our players will love to explore and play within. This person should have a strong artistic eye as well as a technical side, in order to help build believable environments and help solve issues that come our way. You will work alongside a passionate and experienced team who are looking to grow and push the limits of what is possible in our future titles. We want someone who is positive and passionate about growing their skillset and looks for new and creative solutions to problems that will arise during the project.
- Create game ready assets using the latest techniques for use in the world (Architecture, Foliage, Props, etc.)
- Create High Quality PBR textures (Substance Designer/Painter)
- Work with photo-scanned resources to create high quality and optimized assets (Megascan, Mixer)
- Set up materials to achieve a high-quality result (Unreal)
- Implement assets into Unreal and be able to effectively use the editor
- Work closely with Environment Art Lead and level designers to bring the world to life.
- Assist in world building that may arise utilizing Unreal.
- Collaborate within the team to bring the static worlds to life
- Be creative with various kits to optimize usage and get the most out of our work
- Be able to work autonomously if needed
- Be receptive to feedback and implement it
- Environment artist with 4+ years’ experience in the games industry
- Shipped at least one game as an Environment Artist
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Relevant Software Knowledge of the Substance Suite, Photoshop, 3dsMax, Marvelous Designer
- Strong Unreal experience
- Passionate about the Craft
- Knowledge of current techniques and terminology
Preference to Applicants with:
- Knowledge of Quixel Megascan/Mixer
- Knowledge of Houdini a Plus
- Knowledge of UE4 BluePrint a plus
- Knowledge of a terrain generator (World Machine, Gaea)
- Knowledge of Foliage creation Software (SpeedTree, GrowFX)
- Knowledge of Tripwire IP's
Core Hours: 10am to 4pm EST
$350 for day rate