A leader in creating deep and engaging experiences on PC and mobile, Jagex was founded in 2001 and is today one of the UK’s biggest and most respected video game developers and publishers.
Famed for its flagship MMOs RuneScape and Old School RuneScape, Jagex has welcomed more than 260million player accounts to its world and created a $1bn lifetime franchise revenue. Today the RuneScape franchise exists beyond running games in live operations; our titles are living games that connect and inspire millions of players, with content and experiences both inside and outside of inexhaustible game worlds.
Both RuneScape and Old School RuneScape, on PC and mobile, offer ever-evolving, highly-active worlds and our community-focussed development ethos empowers players to have a real say in how each game is shaped.
Jagex is expanding and extending its portfolio with fresh franchise titles, new IP and, in 2018 launched Jagex Partners, delivering third-party publishing and operational services exclusively for the living games of the future.
Jagex employs more than 400 people at its Cambridge headquarters and is on the hunt for talented people to work across the business to help the company to achieve yet another year of record growth and player satisfaction.
To design, create and implement new gameplay features into one of the most popular MMORPGs “RuneScape 3”.
- You’ll need to be able to break games down into their basic mechanics and determine what makes them fun to play. Using this knowledge, you should be capable of designing new game content that’s both engaging to play and viable to produce.
- You have experience writing quality code in at least one programming or scripting language and are familiar with practices such as code reviews, maintenance and adhering to coding standards. The script you produce needs to be safe, efficient, and maintainable. Full training in RuneScriptis provided.
- You’re active in finding solutions and positive when facing challenges. You can work to deadlines in an Agile environment and are also happy to lend a helping hand wherever it’s needed.
- You can create memorable characters, colourful dialogue and engaging scenarios that immerse the player as they explore. You should be confident writing stories and narrative.
- You love to play, design and create great games, particularly MMORPGs. You are willing to take on board feedback from the community, giving our players the gameplay experience they love.
- Flexible Working
- Bonus Scheme
- Private Health Care
- Gym Membership
- Monthly Energy Allowance
- Generous Pension Contributions
- Life Insurance
- Free Cycle Repair
- Income Protection
- Dental Plan
- Free Fruit and Drinks
- Subsidised Canteen
Feel like you fit this role, but don’t meet all the requirements? We strive for fresh perspectives, so as long as you can demonstrate how your attitude and other abilities might make up for any gaps we would welcome your application!
Jagex are an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy or maternity, religion or belief.
Apply for this job
Date found: 2022-11-05
Get jobs like this directly to your Inbox
Create Profile and Get Noticed