Red Kite Games is looking for a concept artist to join their team in Leeds, UK. The role involves creating and iterating on ideas for a high-profile AAA single player first-person shooter and Red Kite's first original game. The successful candidate will have the ability to work in multiple artistic styles, expertise in quickly concepting and iterating ideas, and high levels of aesthetic ability, judgement, and eye for detail. Experience in 3D art software and game development is advantageous but not essential. Red Kite offers a flexible benefits package, including flexitime, 35 hour working week, annual bonus, 27 days holiday, 5 learning & development days, and more. The studio is relaxed and friendly, and offers social activities such as drinks, game nights, film nights, sports, and charity fundraising events.
Specialising in AAA PC and console development, Red Kite has a proven track record in the creation of cutting-edge games across varying genres.
Having set up home in the beautiful Grade-II listed Park Row House in Leeds city centre, Red Kite continues to develop top-quality games for multiple world-class AAA publishing partners such as Sony, Microsoft, Activision, 2K, SEGA, Epic, Warner Bros., 505, Rare, Codemasters, Mediatonic and Remedy.
Several titles include Hogwarts Legacy, Fall Guys, Mafia: Definitive Edition, Mafia III: Definitive Edition, Control Ultimate Edition, Two Point Hospital, Knockout City, Battletoads, Crackdown 3, Payday 2, Team Sonic Racing, DiRT 4 and God of War III: Remastered.
It’s a very exciting time to join Red Kite; not only are we working on multiple high-profile games for gen 9 platforms, we're also developing our own IP. Here’s what we can tell you about:
· We’re partnered with Mediatonic working on the smash-hit, Fall Guys
· We’re working on a high-profile AAA 1st person shooter in UE5
· We’re working on Red Kite’s first original game
One of the most interesting aspects to working at Red Kite is the diversity of projects present within the studio. It's certainly never boring and we constantly find ourselves pushing the boundaries when it comes to the gameplay that we're creating and the technologies that we're engineering.
The Role @ Red Kite Games
Red Kite has a fantastic opportunity for a concept artist to join our team. You will be responsible for creating and iterating on ideas, through hands-on creation of concept pieces,to help develop an unannounced, high profile AAA single player first-person shooter – alongside supporting the creation of our own original and innovative IP.
In this role your will be expected to demonstrate stylistic diversity with the ability to rapidly generate ideas, helping to create visually stunning game experiences in collaboration with our multi-disciplined development teams.
In your new role you will:
- Work alongside the Creative Director and Art Leads to create and iterate on concept art whilst maintaining the artistic vision of each project
- Ensure that work is delivered to spec and on time
- Follow specific briefs to provide 3D artists with enough conceptual images to inform their work
- Want to work in-studio alongside a very social and close-knit team
To be successful you will have:
- The ability to work in multiple artistic styles
- Expertise in quickly concepting and iterating ideas across all aspects of a concept brief
- High levels of aesthetic ability, judgement, and eye for detail
- Good composition, lighting and colour theory skills and appreciation
- Demonstratable talent across all concept disciplines including figurative, environment, and object work
- A keen understanding of cultural influences beyond games, movies, books, TV, comics, etc.
- Strong knowledge of Photoshop or similar software
Experience in any of these areas will be advantageous but not essential:
- Involved in the development of at least one videogame as a concept artist
- 3D Art software experience
Red Kite is located in central Leeds, a major European city connected to London by rapid rail links and the M1 motorway – plus the rest of the world via Leeds Bradford airport. It's home to some of the best restaurants, bars and museums in the North of England, and is within easy reach of spectacular countryside (the Yorkshire Moors and Bronte Country), historical York and the Yorkshire East coast (you should definitely check out Whitby and Runswick Bay).
We offer a superb flexible benefits package – which includes but is not limited to:
· Flexitime – Including work from home on Fridays
· 35 hour working week
· Early finish Fridays
· Annual Bonus
· 27 Days Holiday (Minimum) – Including your birthday, Duvet Days and Christmas Eve
· 5 Learning & Development Days per year – Including Udemy Access
· Employee Assistance Programme – Including health, mental health and wellbeing support
· Enhanced Maternity/Paternity/Adoption pay
· Life Assurance, Income Protection and Critical Illness
· Relocation Support & Visa Sponsorship
Nurturing Red Kite's studio culture is at the heart of everything we do and has been proudly recognised by the following awards:
· GI.biz – Best Places to Work 2022
· Best Companies – A World Class, 3 Star place to work for 2023
· TIGA STAR Award for excellence
Red Kite is a social studio – the team regularly gather for drinks, game nights, film nights, to play sports etc. – making this a great place to build a career whilst making friends...and let's not forget Red Kite's legendary Summer BBQ and our epic Christmas party – plus much more!
Red Kite's studio is relaxed and friendly. Every team member has the opportunity to shine and we pride ourselves on providing a positive social atmosphere, facilitated by shared interest groups, after-work clubs and charity fundraising events. Red Kite are proud supporters of the gaming charity SpecialEffect.
Come join the team, build a rewarding career, and help to make great games with a lovely bunch of people!
Apply for this job
Location: Red Kite Games, Leeds
Country: United Kingdom
Date found: 2023-02-18