At Rockstar Games, we create the games we would want to play ourselves.
A career at Rockstar is about being part of a team working on some of the most creatively rewarding, large-scale projects to be found in any entertainment medium. You would be welcomed to a friendly, inclusive environment where you can learn, and collaborate with some of the most talented people in the industry.
Rockstar Lincoln is on the lookout for a talented PlayStation compliance tester who possesses a passion for compliance and the video game industry. This is a full-time permanent position based out of Rockstar’s unique game studio in Lincoln, UK.
WHAT WE DO
- Testing various genres of games, learning and analysing all elements of the title’s functionality – including gameplay, UI, hardware interaction and messaging.
- Checking title functionality against various manufacturer-specified guidelines, finding and reporting scenarios where these guidelines are not closely adhered to.
- Working closely with the development and production teams in identifying and prioritising issues for progression through the project life cycle
- Checking title functionality against compliance test cases and - where required - performing focused sweeps, ensuring platform technical requirements are adhered to and raising issues where they are not.
- Finding and reproducing errors or problems in game.
- Accurate, detailed and complete reporting and subsequent revision of those errors or problems.
- Understand and facilitate correct and relevant movement of information, including escalating serious issues and passing requests to leads for external communication / action.
- Provide guidance and support on compliance requirements to other areas and teams as needed.
- Keeping up to date with the latest compliance documentation for your assigned platform(s) and applying this knowledge to your tests.
- Stay abreast of communications and fix progression on important compliance issues on the assigned platform(s).
- Provide assistance and support on compliance issues for other assigned platforms as needed.
- 6 months experience in PlayStation compliance testing.
- Strong knowledge and interpretation of compliance documentation and technical requirements, applying this accurately and consistently throughout all tasks and checks.
- A full and complete understanding of the native systems and features of one or more PlayStation platforms, such as PlayStation 4/5.
- The ability to work well under pressure and to strict deadlines.
- Self-motivation and a proactive attitude.
- The ability to absorb, retain and apply important technical knowledge.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- The ability to multitask, including setting up and operation of multiple consoles / workstations.
- Able to work effectively, both individually and as part of a team.
- Good observation, alertness to knock-on scenarios and an ability to think "outside the box".
Please note that these are desirable skills and are not required to apply for the position.
- Experience with compliance testing on more than one platform.
- Degree level educated.
- Comfortable delivering workshops, presentations and training.
- Experience with a variety of database software.
- Knowledge of and experience with Microsoft Office suite.
- This role is for a position on Night Shift (6:30 pm – 3:00 am).
HOW TO APPLY
Please apply with a CV and cover-letter demonstrating how you meet the skills above. If we would like to move forward with your application, a Rockstar Games recruiter will reach out to you to explain next steps and guide you through the process.
Rockstar is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and we are committed to hiring, promoting, and compensating employees based on their qualifications and demonstrated ability to perform job responsibilities.
If you’ve got the right skills for the job, we want to hear from you. We encourage applications from all suitable candidates regardless of age, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, belief, or race.
Get jobs like this directly to your Inbox
Create Profile and Get Noticed