Frontier is an established, market leading independent developer and publisher of videogames for PC and consoles. We have achieved serial successes across a wide variety of titles including Elite Dangerous, Planet Coaster, Jurassic World Evolution, Planet Zoo and F1 Manager. Founded in 1994, we are based in the world-leading technology cluster and historic city of Cambridge, England. With a growing team of over 800 talented people supporting our existing portfolio and ambitious future roadmap, along with our publishing label Frontier Foundry, we are passionate about creating innovative genre-leading games and authentic worlds for our communities of players.
Purpose of the role
Many of Frontier’s games have online elements to them which allow players to interact with each other in many ways. Unfortunately, this can also lead to threatening and abusive behaviour.
The Community Safety Team’s objective is to keep Frontier’s games and services safe for players and staff alike. To accomplish these aims, members of the Community Safety Team will monitor all forms of player reports and investigate, taking action when necessary. Team members work closely with various Development, Operations, Publishing and QA teams on a daily basis to achieve this.
- Assessing User Reports from online games and social platforms; responding in a caring and empathetic manner
- Reviewing and moderating Chat Logs
- Restricting accounts based on our moderation policies
- Monitoring appeals and working through our appeals process
- Investigating evidence of cheating within Frontier games and taking action on accounts where required
- Taking action on reports of infringement of Frontier’s Copyright & Brand.
- Being a point of contact for community escalations (concerns on real life threats of harm, for example)
- Assessing threats and escalating them to authorities if necessary
- Reviewing and moderating user generated content, such as in-game player and ship names; player created game objects etc.
- Maintaining thorough documentation and records on daily, weekly and monthly work that has been acted on.
- Thrives on change, and adaptable to provide high levels of customer service on brand new games
- Friendly, empathetic, positive & personable
- Driven problem solver & quick learner
- Flexible with shift work, including weekends, evenings and bank holidays
- Excellent attention to detail
- Fluent in English, both written and verbal
- Technical PC expertise on diagnosing and resolving hardware and software issues
- Experienced online PC gamer
- Involvement with online gaming communities (reddit/forums, etc.)
- Previous gameplay experience with Frontier’s games
What we can offer you
We offer the chance to work with talented and passionate people, developing and publishing sophisticated and enduring games in a creative and collaborative environment. We love what we do, and we work hard to provide outstanding experiences for our player communities. Frontier rewards this passion and determination by sharing in the company’s success and by supporting our teams to keep doing what they love.
Well-being is a big focus at Frontier and we are continually evolving how we can support our staff. We encourage a healthy work/life balance and host a range of well-being activities, initiatives and sessions to support both mental and physical health.
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package, which includes a success-based annual bonus, share option schemes, pension, life assurance, private family healthcare, flexitime working hours, enhanced maternity/paternity package, in-house subsidised catering, support with relocation, a Cycle to Work scheme and free bike servicing, and social events.
We welcome and encourage applications from qualified candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy or maternity, religion or belief.
Apply for this job
Location: Hybrid – Cambridge Hybrid / Remote /
Date found: 2022-11-06
Get jobs like this directly to your Inbox
Create Profile and Get Noticed