Job Title: Community and Customer Experience Executive (Console and Mobile Platforms)
Location: SI HQ, Here East, London
Reporting to: Community and Customer Experience Manager
Sports Interactive have an exciting opportunity to join our passionate and talented Community and Customer Experience (CCE) team, leading the way in our approach to supporting our console and mobile players.
Overview of the Role:
As part of our growing team, this aspirational role requires a close working relationship with various stakeholders, giving you insights into multiple areas of our game-making processes. With such knowledge, you’ll be tasked with cultivating our mobile and console community, using your connection as a platform to amplify their voice back within the studio.
By developing and introducing cutting-edge industry support techniques, you’ll gear up our team to be adept at providing comprehensive support, taking a hands-on role of guiding, monitoring and replying to player contacts.
The successful candidate would have a strong understanding of the mobile and console gaming landscape, with industry knowledge of free-to-play gaming and GaaS (games as a service).
Contract is for 37.5 hours a week with flexible working in-office or remotely. Role requires regular weekend coverage and seasonal overtime. Please set out your limitations in your covering letter and note that applications without a covering letter will not be considered.
- Creatively and proactively engage players to drive conversations and relationships as a voice of the development team for our mobile and console titles.
- Monitor and respond to support queries and feedback in a timely manner, escalating and resolving issues with the development team as required.
- Work closely with our third-party support team, monitoring and coordinating their responses through Zendesk whilst providing regular updates on milestones and active issues.
- Investigate and research cutting-edge industry support practices with the aim of integrating them into the studio.
- Maintain and update support documentation, guides, FAQs and internal knowledgebase.
- Collate and publish changelists for updates across all relevant titles.
- Coordinate and support external Beta testing processes for relevant titles.
- Develop our player communities with focus on building up our advocate and moderator presence online.
- Recognise, set and monitor KPIs across various contact points for our support.
- Develop our customer support relationship with external partners and platform holders.
- Build and maintain expert, in-depth knowledge of all the studio's products (and competitor titles), with a specific focus on our mobile and console titles.
- Working familiarity/knowledge of Zendesk, JIRA, Google Play Store, App Store and Microsoft Partner Centre desirable but not essential.
Knowledge, Skills, & Experience Required
- Demonstrable experience within a customer support environment.
- Strong understanding of mobile, console and online gaming (including GAAS and Free to Play) with experience working within those fields desirable.
- Excellent communication skills and very high standard of written English.
- Knowledge of Football Manager, a love of football and an affinity with FM fans.
- High level of emotional intelligence, strong empathy for customer problems, and the necessary patience to manage frustrations and concerns.
- Aptitude for grasping new strategies, software, and processes.
- Ability to work independently, flexibly, and proactively within a small developing team.
Sports Interactive (SI) is an ambitious development studio creating immersive sports management simulations. Since 1994, we’ve captivated a global pool of players with our iconic, BAFTA award-winning game, Football Manager. We’re a wholly owned subsidiary of SEGA having caught their attention in 2006 with our continuous critical and commercial success.
We’re a tenacious community, coming together at the Here East technology hub in Stratford, East London. Always expanding, the SI team takes on the gaming genre through a diverse array of disciplines. But no matter how big we dream, we keep our approach (and your schedule) flexible, creating a relaxed atmosphere where collaboration can thrive.
Further information on the company and its games is available at www.sigames.com
We approach everything with passion, whether that’s making our mark on the gaming and football industries or doing our bit for the world around us. We want to share that outlook with everyone who shows up to work here each day.
We like our talent tenacious, so you can expect to surround yourself with other ambitious individuals bringing their A-game to many different disciplines. We know collaboration is the key to constantly topping our best and encourage our people to fiercely realise their own personal potential.
We believe everyone matters, no matter which part of the business you’re in. Above all else, we’re a team. A team with a down-to-earth dynamic, that works and plays together. We have fun doing what we do; one of the many reasons we’re one of the best places to work in the UK games business (Gameindustry.biz 2021 Large studio category).
And if you want a work/life balance, we’re behind you. Because while we live to create extraordinary games, we know that’s not all you’ve got going on. You can trust that we always keep things in perspective, fostering an environment where work can be more than just a job.
Our flexible working culture gives team members the responsibility to optimise their workloads, with in-office, hybrid and remote working options dependent on role. Even in countries where we don’t directly employ*, we’ll even explore what’s possible via third parties and do our best to accommodate location preferences. We’re also a London Living Wage employer and proudly boast one of the lowest staff turnover rates in the industry.
*We’re able to directly employ in the UK, Ireland, France, Sweden and Finland.
We’re proud to be an equal opportunities employer and encourage applications from any relevant candidate irrespective of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy or maternity, religion, or belief. Our studio has disabled access and facilities.
SI is proudly a Disability Confident Committed employer, and we are dedicated to ensuring our recruitment process is inclusive and accessible. Our studio has disabled access and facilities but please ensure you advise us if you require any other reasonable adjustments to be made to support you during the recruitment process.
This job description is an accurate reflection of the duties and responsibilities of the post as at the time of writing but will be changed from time to time as the job is a career development job which will be adjusted according to the progress of the job holder. It does not form part of the contract of employment.
Location: Stratford (London)/Remote (possible), United Kingdom
Country: United Kingdom