In defence, we’re transforming how those who keep us safe prepare for the threats of the future. Join us and you’ll help build the most innovative virtual worlds available, so our defenders can plan, train and make life-saving decisions in the real one.
As a Commercial Manager at Improbable Defence, you will be responsible for providing commercial advice and support to the business throughout the full life cycle of its contracts. We are offering you the opportunity to support and grow one of the core functions in the development and growth of our Defence and national security business. This role encompasses the full breadth of commercial acumen and drives the growth and maturity of our business, a core part of our business value proposition. This is a cross-functional position working closely with our customer BD, engineering, product and PMO teams.
- Working with our wider Growth Team to build customer relationships, understanding and developing Commercial structures for new contracts.
- Taking the lead in shaping, drafting, negotiating and agreeing relevant agreements in conjunction with our Legal Team.
- Participating in bid teams; managing all commercial/ contractual aspects relating to specific bids and proposals
- Communicating obligations, risks and important contract matters to the relevant delivery teams, including the content of DEFCONS where applicable.
- Ensuring appropriate flow down of our head contract terms into our partner organisations.
- Working closely with our finance and project teams to develop pricing for proposals and timely invoicing of projects.
- Participation in Bid Approval reviews.
- Supporting the development and implementation of commercial policy, procedure and practice and ensuring organisational adherence to the UK Export regulations.
Why You’re Made for This:
- You have a demonstrable record of working in a defence commercial environment, working on complex bids and contracts within the sector.
- You have demonstrable experience delivering projects in accordance with UK DEFCONs.
- You have a good grasp of business strategy and a wide appreciation of general business issues.
- You have experience of managing commercial risk and associated mitigations.
- Experience of leading the generation of commercial proposals and negotiating contracts.
- You have open communication and collaboration skills with an ability to adapt to different levels and stakeholders.
- You are tenacious and driven with strong negotiating skills and influencing skills.
- You are naturally empathetic and patient.
Everyone brings different experiences, perspective, knowledge and skills that makes each one of us brilliant. You don't have to meet all the requirements and experiences on this job advert to apply for and be successful in this role.
Due to the nature of this role, you will be expected to meet requirements associated with obtaining UK security vetting clearance; including an unbroken residency in the UK for the previous 5 years. If you think that this might be an issue for you, please let us know.
Improbable is determined to foster an environment where people can do their best work and feel like they belong. We believe a healthy culture, strong values and contribution from a diverse range of individuals will help us to achieve success.
We do not discriminate based on race, ethnicity, gender, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any other legally protected status.
Life at Improbable
Diversity, inclusion & belonging
Apply for this job
Date found: 2022-11-06
Get jobs like this directly to your Inbox
Create Profile and Get Noticed