You are someone who can ask the right questions before providing sound advice to others. You have a track record of exceptional business acumen combined with the ability to think critically. You enjoy collaborating with others across different disciplines to create solutions that will best support the business.
Sounds like you? Read on!
Kabam is looking for a Commercial Counsel to join our team. As a qualified lawyer in Canada and/or the United States, the Commercial Counsel will support Kabam business partners in commercial transactions across various business groups, and provide proactive and practical counsel on a broad range of legal and business issues related to Kabam’s interactive entertainment business.
In this role, you can expect to:
- Review, draft, and negotiate a diverse range of commercial agreements, including technology and cloud services, professional services, marketing or advertising services, and other business agreements.
- Develop, implement, and maintain training for internal business partners on key aspects of contract lifecycle management and related business governance processes.
- Be the main point of contact for a wide variety of legal questions: analyze issues, propose and communicate solutions to help business partners to mitigate risks.
- Stay up to date on relevant international compliance regimes like GDPR and potential regulations on in-game loot boxes, assess their impact on business and products, and advise internal business partners on the same.
- Facilitate and provide guidance on cross-functional initiatives like SOX-readiness.
- Support legal operations, including contract lifecycle management, related technology integration of relevant processes and workflows, and enforcing compliance with governance policies and guidelines.
Adding to the ingredient of success, you will bring:
- Qualified lawyer and member in good standing with a provincial and/or state bar.
- 3-5 years of corporate and commercial experience as a generalist effectively supporting business in an in-house role.
- Exceptional integrity and the ability to work on a wide range of legal matters with a wide variety of internal clients.
- Highly collaborative, intellectually curious, in order to learn from and grow with the business.
- Detail-oriented with excellent judgment, in order to provide business-oriented advice while mitigating risks.
- Strong prioritization skills with the ability to manage multiple projects with complex and demanding deadlines, and comfortable working without administrative support.
- Exceptional communications skills, both verbal and written, in a concise and professional manner with all levels of the organization
To take it up a notch, you will also have:
- Additional language abilities
- Understanding of gaming or entertainment industry
Excited by this opportunity? We invite you to apply and start the conversation with us.
Together, we can create and support some of the best games ever made and continue to entertain the world!
Kabam is a world leader of developing entertaining, immersive, and highly social multiplayer games for mobile devices. They merge consumer behaviour with the art of game design to create experiences that are enjoyed by millions of players across the globe. Each game has raised the benchmark in mobile gaming, bringing high-quality graphics, next-generation technology and revolutionary gameplay to the console in every player’s pocket.
Kabam has partnered with leading entertainment brands like Disney, Hasbro and Universal to create mobile games based on some of the world’s most iconic franchises.
Kabam’s games have generated hundreds of millions of downloads including Fast & Furious 6: The Game, Fast & Furious: Legacy, Marvel Contest of Champions, Transformers: Forged to Fight, Shop Titans and Mini Guns. These games have also received multiple awards such as Apple’s Editor’s Choice and Google Play’s Best Game of the Year.
Founded in 2006, Kabam has studios and offices in Vancouver, Montreal, Charlottetown, San Francisco and Austin. Kabam is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Netmarble Games.
Kabam is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer committed to building a diverse and equitable workplace, and inclusive environment for all existing and potential employees. Employment decisions are based on candidate qualifications and business need, not race, color, ancestry, place of origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, political belief, religion, creed, marital or family status, medical condition, genetic information, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, prior criminal conviction or any other protected class in accordance with federal, state or provincial and local laws and ordinances. Accommodations will be provided as requested by candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Apply for this job
Date posted: 2022-01-20