Insomniac Games is looking for a mid-level Combat Designer to join our team! Our designers are responsible for developing designs for layout, content, combat, and systems for an assigned project, and implementing these designs in game. This includes taking designs through pitch, concept, implementation, bug fixing, balance, and polish phases.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
- Creates clear and concise, visually oriented design materials that explain mechanics, systems, and features.
- Pitches and presents designs to the team and department heads.
- Develops and communicates layout, content, or system designs through written documentation, visual design materials, and verbal presentations.
- Builds basic level layout; work with the Art team on how to evolve the design in order to meet each discipline's goals and deadlines.
- Implements gameplay and game structure; works with Gameplay Programming team to deliver content that meet each disciplines goals and deadlines.
- Follows up with multiple departments on progress of missions or features and updates team as needed through various mediums.
- Addresses bugs and gameplay issues to assure a stable and polished product
- Helps assess progress, quality, and user friendliness of project via methods such as usability testing, focus tests and in-house play tests.
- Provides constructive feedback on all aspects of product; finds opportunities to increase quality of product and advises on how information may be implemented or held for future products.
- ·Other duties may be assigned.
Education and/or Experience: 2-4 years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Intermediate knowledge and experience with level editing tools and scripting (Unreal Engine, Unity, or similar editors).
- Intermediate knowledge of Maya or other major 3D modeling program.
- Adobe Illustrator experience and UE4 Blueprint scripting skills are a plus.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite.
- Individual must have very strong interpersonal and collaborative skills.
- Strong communication skills including verbal and written skills are required.
Please submit your application and resume directly below. We look forward to reviewing your submission!
At SIE, we consider several factors when setting each role’s base pay range, including the competitive benchmarking data for the market and geographic location.
Please note that the base pay range may vary in line with our hybrid working policy and individual base pay will be determined based on job-related factors which may include knowledge, skills, experience, and location.
In addition, this role is eligible for SIE’s top-tier benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, matching 401(k), paid time off, wellness program and coveted employee discounts for Sony products. This role also may be eligible for a bonus package. Click here to learn more.
Location: United States, Remote
Country: United States