Our vision is a world where the physical and digital are one. Our mission is to amplify human potential by delivering the most immersive AR platform, so people can intuitively see, hear, and touch digital content in the physical world.
We are developing the most immersive AR device for enterprise, and are continuing to build a powerful team to help us achieve that goal.
Magic Leap is seeking a Color Scientist with experience in color calibration, image processing, and image quality evaluation. The ideal candidate will work closely with cross-functional teams to optimize existing color image processing algorithms and develop new color processing algorithms. The ideal candidate will advise the team on issue mitigation and make a direct impact to cutting-edge products. The candidate would be a critical part of Magic Leap’s Optical Engineering team.
We are looking for candidates who are motivated, creative, and dedicated team players who excel in a fast-paced environment. Candidates must be highly innovative and enjoy working in a dynamic and multidisciplinary environment.
- Research, develop and facilitate integration of color calibration algorithms (including white balance correction, color mixing, etc.)
- Research, develop and facilitate integration of image and video quality algorithms (including MTF, contrast, uniformity, etc.).
- Collaborate with internal/external customers to bridge communication gaps, clarify requirements, identify risks, and support transparent exchange of data.
- Support and optimize existing color image processing algorithms in response to end-customer feedback and new requirements.
- Characterize, model, and analyze imaging systems. Ideal candidate is able to propose recommendations backed by fundamental color science principles and data.
- Working knowledge of optics (including paraxial optics, MTF, PSF, camera systems, projector systems, etc.)
- Assist calibration and hardware design teams with implementation and verification of algorithms.
- Work with cross-functional teams and provide strong leadership and expertise for new projects.
- 3+ years of relevant experience in color science, colorimetry, image quality (camera and display), and image processing.
- A deep understanding of industry standards pertaining to image quality metrics and evaluation thereof.
- Hands-on experience with image quality measurement.
- Experience with objective camera bench testing and subjective image quality analysis.
- Fluent Matlab and/or Python programming skills in digital image processing.
- Excellent presentation, organization, and documentation skills.
- Must be comfortable in a highly dynamic and creative environment bound by time constraints.
- Hands-on experience with testing automation is a plus.
- Knowledge of C#/C++ is a plus.
M.S. or greater in Color Science, Image Processing, or related fields.
- All your information will be kept confidential according to Equal Employment Opportunities guidelines.
Get jobs like this directly to your Inbox
Create Profile and Get Noticed