Gunzilla Games is an independent game developer working on a next-generation multiplayer shooter IP in three locations: Frankfurt, Los Angeles, and Kyiv. They are looking for a Cinematics Lead who will work closely with Animation, Art, Narrative, and other supporting departments to guide the vision of the game through in-game and cutscene Cinematics. The Cinematics Lead will delegate and review tasks of the cinematic team, take part in the review process for the narrative scripts, envision, plan, and guide the implementation of cinematic sequences, debug and collaborate with the team and other supporting departments, ensure camera, continuity, script, and other cinematography elements meet the game's vision and are up to technical standards. The ideal candidate should have a strong understanding of cinematic lighting, editing, and storytelling, experience with game engines preferably UE4/UE5, knowledge of source control and data tracking platforms, and Autodesk Maya or similar. They should be organized, have good communication skills, strong leadership skills, and be able to manage and work in a team environment. Gunzilla offers flexible working, health insurance, revenue-based bonuses, English/German courses, 25 annual paid vacation and sick days, public transportation, relocation and accommodation support, office perks, and gym membership.
ABOUT GUNZILLA GAMES
Founded in 2020, Gunzilla Games is a fresh, independent developer working on its next-generation multiplayer shooter IP in three metropolitan locations: Frankfurt, Germany (HQ); Los Angeles, USA; and Kyiv, Ukraine. The company is helmed by Ex-Crytek board member, CSO Alexander Zoll, together with serial entrepreneur and CEO, Vlad Korolev. Gunzilla is built on the desire to innovate and push the limits of the industry.
Gunzilla’s formidable team of talent come from a variety of industry-leading studios and publishers, including Ubisoft, Electronic Arts (EA), THQ and more. Oscar-nominated screenwriter, director and producer Neill Blomkamp joined Gunzilla as Chief Visionary Officer. In addition, the team features industry veterans like video game writer Olivier Henriot who helped shape the story of such notable games such as Assassin’s Creed, The Division, Far Cry and many more, and Richard K. Morgan, the author of the Altered Carbon series, which has since been adapted into a popular Netflix show. Gunzilla’s Chief Technology Officer Timur Davidenko led the development of CryEngine as Technical Director, and worked on Far Cry, Warface and Crysis. Art Director Jussi Keteli was involved in the iconic Gears of War series, Star Citizen and Hunt: Showdown.
- Players First & Foremost. We aim to create titles that players love and get lost in, so our games are developed with them in mind from the start.
- We Believe in Our People. We believe in building strong teams of self-motivated individuals empowered to work at their best in a supportive environment; when we’re strong together, we thrive together.
- Commitment to Engagement & Quality. We are deeply passionate about what we do, ensuring we produce next-generation experiences of the highest calibre.
- Make Bold Moves & Innovate. We strive to make bold moves and push technology to its limits; there are no wrong steps if the outcome redefines the boundaries.
- Open & Honest. We believe in building trust through transparency and honest communication. We’re proud of who we are, what we stand for, and what we’re building.
ABOUT THE JOB
You will work closely with Animation, Art, Narrative and other supporting departments to help guide the Vision of the game through in-game and cutscene Cinematics. Your core focus is to enhance the gaming experience through cinematography.
- Delegate and review tasks of the cinematic team together with the support of production
- Take part in the review process for the narrative scripts
- Envision, plan, and guide the implementation of cinematic sequences
- Debugging and collaboration with your team and other supporting departments
- Ensure camera, continuity, script, and other cinematography elements meet the game's vision and are up to technical standards
- As cinematics lead you will be a feature team owner (or co-owner) and with that comes responsibilities of sprint planning, reports and synching with directors
- Mentoring new starters and helping with the hiring process to expand the team
- You will come from Cinematic Design, Animation, or other Film production areas like Feature and VFX, ether as a generalist or specialist
- Strong understanding of cinematic lighting, editing and storytelling
- Strong ability of understanding film and how to converse with a gameplay environment
- Experience with Game Engines preferably UE4/UE5
- Knowledge of source control and data tracking platforms (Perforce, Git, Shotgrid, Ftrack, Jira…)
- Knowledge of Autodesk Maya or similar like Motion builder and Blender
- You have a passion to further explore and develop new tech related to your field
- We need someone who is organized, with good communications skills
- Strong leadership skills able to manage & work in a team environment
- Someone who is intuitive, able to ask questions and a with strong problem-solving abilities
- Thorough understanding of the Unreal Engine cinematic environment (Sequencer, Camera setup and animation, Metahumans)
- Blueprints in Unreal
- Extensive knowledge of one or more branches of Cinematography (Photography, lighting, film production, etc.)
- Knowledge of neighboring areas of animation like such as compositing and colour grading
- Video editing and motion design
- Flexible Working & Work from Home
- Health Insurance
- Revenue Based Bonuses
- English / German Courses
- 25 Annual Paid Vacation & Sick Days
- Public Transportation
- Relocation & Accommodation Support
- Office Perks & Gym Membership
COME AS YOU ARE
Videogames are for everyone, so everyone should have the opportunity to create them. We’re looking for a huge variety of unique life experiences to help shape the worlds we’re developing, so promise your application will be given the same consideration as everyone else’s, regardless of your background. Let’s make video game history together!
OUR RECRUITMENT PROCESS
Here’s what you can expect when applying at Gunzilla.
· Simply fill in the registration form and send us your CV & Portfolio, if applicable
· If your selected, you’ll be contacted by our recruitment team for a Zoom call.
· After this the next steps would be Hiring manager and Team Zoom interviews, or you’ll be invited to meet us at our recruiting studio.
· Some roles require a competency test, which the recruitment team will support you on.
· Following your interview, we’ll contact you either way.
· If the interview went well but we feel you aren’t suited to the specific role, we’ll retain your details (with your permission) for future consideration.
Apply for this job
Location: FrankfurtKyiv /
Date found: 2023-03-17