Timbre Games, a new studio in Vancouver, Canada, is looking for a Character Technical Artist to join their team. The ideal candidate will work with the Character Art and Animation teams to improve character creation processes and workflow, be a key bridge between Artists and Engineers, and assist in scoping work for on-time milestone deliveries. The candidate should have at least 3 years of experience in games or film working in a similar role, tools scripting knowledge in python and/or MEL languages, and troubleshooting technical issues that arise with characters in both Maya and Unreal. Timbre offers a competitive salary, comprehensive health benefits, flexible paid time off, and a values-driven culture with direct access to leadership and industry veterans. Timbre Games is an equal opportunity employer and considers all candidates for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, marital status, military or veteran’s status, sexual orientation, or any other category protected by law.
Welcome to Timbre!
We are Timbre Games (part of the Sumo Digital Group), a new studio in Vancouver, Canada focused on making exciting, innovative game experiences. Timbre’s vision is to change the games industry through the original games we make, as well as how we make them. We’re building an inclusive, supportive culture that allows us to explore fresh, new (and sometimes weird) ideas. We’re searching for more visionary explorers to join our team of diverse voices, coming together to develop games that are accessible to a wide audience.
If you’re thinking about your next adventure, send us your resume to talk to our team about how you can add your voice to the games we’re working on.
Art at Timbre Games
We are visionaries, sculptors, painters and landscapers of virtual worlds. Together, we breathe life into creative concepts and ideas while defining experiences and quality. We collaborate with multiple departments to establish our vision, and absolutely light up as we watch it all come together. We are utilizing advanced tools and technologies to shape our vision of building diverse and accessible AAA games.
Character Technical Artists impact our team by driving character pipeline and tools creation for Maya and Unreal.
As a Character Technical Artist at Timbre, you will:
- Work with the Character Art and Animation teams to improve character creation processes and workflow
- Be a key bridge between Artists and Engineers, understanding their needs to build out unique Timbre solutions
- Clearly communicate technical challenges and concepts to the team
- Help define and maintain a pipeline to accomplish the technically challenging goals of a high-quality game
- Assist in scoping work for on-time milestone deliveries
- Focus on removing blockers to allow the content creators to do their best work
- Participate in an agile development work environment
What you bring:
- Tools scripting knowledge in python and/or MEL languages
- Troubleshooting technical issues that arise with characters in both Maya and Unreal
- 3 + years of experience in games or film working in a similar role
- A well-rounded technical expertise in the realm of characters
- An innovative and exploratory mindset
What you'll gain:
Timbre aims to foster a workplace environment that empowers our team to do their best creative work. Below are a list of some of the benefits we offer to ensure you reach your full potential. As we continue to grow, we are co-creating more values-driven benefits to support our team.
• Competitive salary & comprehensive health benefits, including extended health, dental, vision, life and AD&D insurance, short / long-term disability, 24/7 counselling through an employee assistance program and a health spending account available to you from your first day
• Annual bonus & up to 5% RRSP matching available to you from your first day
• Flexible paid time off (unlimited), plus holiday closure between Christmas and New Years, as well as National Day for Truth and Reconciliation
• Work with us in Vancouver or remotely across Canada, utilizing our $500 work from home allowance
• 1 year gaming subscription and weekly gaming days
• My Pathway - a Career Development Program to provide a clear path for you to grow at Timbre
• 8 learning days per year and unlimited access to Udemy online courses
• A values driven culture with direct access to leadership and industry veterans with a wealth of knowledge to share
Timbre’s Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
Timbre Games is located in beautiful Vancouver, BC, Canada and on the traditional, ancestral, and unceded territories of the xʷməθkʷəy̓əm (Musqueam), Sḵwx̱wú7mesh (Squamish), and Sel̓íl̓witulh (Tsleil-Waututh) Nations. Although our roots are in Vancouver, we work with a remote, distributed team across Canada. If you are interested in an opportunity at Timbre Games but are not presently residing in Canada, please note that we may be able to offer assistance in immigrating / relocating under the right conditions.
Timbre Games is an equal opportunity employer and considers all candidates for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, marital status, military or veteran’s status (including protected veterans, as may be required by federal law), sexual orientation or any other category protected by law. We celebrate all backgrounds and attributes that make us unique and amazing - in this world and the ones we create!
At Timbre, we try to be mindful and not set unrealistic requirement expectations in order to apply. If you don’t tick all of the boxes of the role that you’re excited about, we encourage you to send your resume to our General Application inbox on our careers page, or, follow Timbre on LinkedIn to stay in touch with our newest openings.
Accommodations will be provided as requested by candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
If what we’ve shared above resonates with you, connect with us today!
Apply for this job
Location: Timbre Games, Vancouver
Date found: 2023-03-17