Character Surfacing Artist
Skydance offers a dynamic, inclusive, and ever-evolving culture where innovative ideas are welcomed, and growth fostered. The partnership between unique creativity and technological advancements are demonstrated within each pillar of the company. At the heart of it all is a commitment to boldly entertaining and relevant storytelling.
While all Animation studios look to hire people who are creative and hard-working, Skydance Animation is specifically looking for pioneers who seek to push the limits of what the world’s most collaborative art form can achieve, and to give those pioneers the space and the resources to build a new studio that’s doing something different.
As a Character Surfacing Artist, you will create high detailed texture maps and materials for the animated film’s characters. You will be involved in many aspects of the look, working in coordination with the Production Designer and the Art Department to deliver a visually impressive look.
- Create textures utilizing photography and pre-existing textures, as well as procedural textures in Substance Designer.
- Portray stylized textures from concepts following the look of the film.
- Precisely and accurately follow references and direction to create the desired look.
- Keep up on current artistic methodologies and on technology trends and tools that best suit the production and the company in the development of a stronger creative and technical environment.
- 2-4 years of professional experience in VFX or animation industries.
- Experience with Maya, Mari and/or Substance Painter, Arnold render.
- Experience working with Houdini and Substance Designer is a plus
- Experience with traditional drawing, and/or painting is a plus
- Possess deep knowledge of UVs, texture layout, skinning, rigging, lighting and optimization.
- High English level desired.
Skydance is a diversified media company founded by David Ellison in 2010 to create high quality, event-level entertainment for global audiences. The Company brings to life stories of immersive worlds across its feature film, television, interactive, and animation divisions.
Skydance is proud to be an equal opportunity employer committed to building and fostering a diverse, equitable, and inclusive workforce. We welcome and consider applicants for employment regardless of race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, citizenship, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, pregnancy status, military/veteran status, disability, or any other protected category. Diversity in the workplace is not just a commitment, it is who we are and a reflection of what makes our world special.
Recruitment Fraud Alert
It has come to our attention that there may be fraudulent activity by individuals impersonating our Talent Acquisition team. Skydance will only contact you from an official “@skydance.com” email address. If you suspect that you are being contacted by an unauthorized person or believe that the correspondence you have received is suspicious, please do not click on any links or attachments in such emails and submit any questions or concerns to our information security team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Apply for this job
Location: Madrid, Spain
Date posted: 2022-01-20