Gunzilla Games, an independent AAA developer, is seeking a Character Artist to create and texture 3D character assets for their Battle Royale 2.0 Off The Grid game. The ideal candidate should have a strong artistic vision, understanding of game art production process and pipeline, and experience with industry-standard graphics applications. They will work directly with the Art Director, Lead Character Artist, and Concept team, and collaborate with other disciplines such as Tech Art, Animation, and Design. Gunzilla offers flexible working, health insurance, revenue-based bonuses, and relocation and accommodation support. They value diversity and encourage applicants from all backgrounds. The recruitment process involves a registration form, CV and portfolio submission, Zoom call, interviews, and a competency test for some roles.
ABOUT GUNZILLA GAMES
Founded in 2020, Gunzilla Games is a fresh, independent AAA developer working on its Battle Royale 2.0 Off The Grid in three metropolitan locations: Frankfurt, Germany (HQ); Los Angeles, USA; and Kyiv, Ukraine. The company is helmed by serial entrepreneur CEO, Vlad Korolev and CSO Alexander Zoll. Gunzilla is built on the desire to innovate and push the limits of the industry.
Gunzilla’s formidable team of talent comes from a variety of industry-leading studios and publishers (Ubisoft, Electronic Arts (EA), THQ etc) as well as Oscar-nominated screenwriter, director and producer Neill Blomkamp, Chief Visionary Officer, and the author of the Altered Carbon series, that has been adapted into a popular Netflix show, Richard K. Morgan, Script Writer.
Gunzilla Leadership team includes well-known industry professionals like Timur Davidenko, Chief Technology Officer (Far Cry, Warface, and Crysis), Scott Probin, Studio Director (EA Sports’ NHL series, the Need for Speed franchise, Populous 2, Powermonger, Space Hulk), Oleksiy Plaksin, Lead Art Director, (Moto GP and RIDE, Warface and Act of Aggression, Sniper: Ghost Warrior), Dmitriy Markov, Technical Director (Metro: Exodus, Arktika.1), Volodymyr Savin, Audio Director (Cut the Rope, Metro Exodus, HBO Chernobyl series).
- Players First & Foremost. We aim to create titles that players love and get lost in, so our games are developed with them in mind from the start.
- We Believe in Our People. We believe in building strong teams of self-motivated individuals empowered to work at their best in a supportive environment; when we’re strong together, we thrive together.
- Commitment to Engagement & Quality. We are deeply passionate about what we do, ensuring we produce next-generation experiences of the highest calibre.
- Make Bold Moves & Innovate. We strive to make bold moves and push technology to its limits; there are no wrong steps if the outcome redefines the boundaries.
- Open & Honest. We believe in building trust through transparency and honest communication. We’re proud of who we are, what we stand for, and what we’re building.
ABOUT THE JOB
Gunzilla Games is seeking a talented Character Artist to join our team. The ideal candidate will have a passion for creating memorable faces, a solid grasp of anatomy, and a strong understanding of character composition as applied to characters.
- As a Character Artist, you will:
- Create and texture 3D character’s assets for a AAA game
- Work directly with the Art Director, Lead Character Artist, and Concept team
- Cooperate with freelance artists and art outsourcers to help convey character art direction if needed
- Explore new workflows that are suited to the project
- Collaborate with other disciplines such as Tech Art, Animation, and Design to understand gameplay requirements, technological issues as well as how they relate to the character art and implementation
- Serve as a mentor for Character Artists junior to you
- Good artistic eye for human proportions, shape language, composition, and lightning
- An understanding of game art production process and pipeline and a passion for games
- A strong artistic vision to translate both organic and hard surface characters from concept to game-ready assets
- A superior eye for value, colour, and detail in creating textures combined with a strong understanding of PBR
- Basic knowledge about character rigging and skinning
- Excellent working knowledge of industry-standard graphics applications (e.g. High poly/low poly modeling in Zbrush/Maya, texturing in Substance Painter, cloth simulation in Marvelous Designer, etc.)
- Previous experience of working in the game industry or studio
- Traditional arts background and/or a BA/Diploma in Fine Arts or 3D/Game Art
- An avid gamer with an understanding of Battle Royal genre
- Experience with Unreal Engine
- Familiarity with data management software (like Perforce)
- Flexible Working & Work from Home
- Health Insurance
- Revenue Based Bonuses
- English / German Courses
- 25 Annual Paid Vacation & Sick Days
- Public Transportation
- Relocation & Accommodation Support
- Office Perks & Gym Membership
COME AS YOU ARE
Videogames are for everyone, so everyone should have the opportunity to create them. We’re looking for a huge variety of unique life experiences to help shape the worlds we’re developing, so promise your application will be given the same consideration as everyone else’s, regardless of your background. Let’s make video game history together!
OUR RECRUITMENT PROCESS
Here’s what you can expect when applying at Gunzilla.
· Simply fill in the registration form and send us your CV & Portfolio, if applicable
· If your selected, you’ll be contacted by our recruitment team for a Zoom call.
· After this the next steps would be Hiring manager and Team Zoom interviews, or you’ll be invited to meet us at our recruiting studio.
· Some roles require a competency test, which the recruitment team will support you on.
· Following your interview, we’ll contact you either way.
· If the interview went well but we feel you aren’t suited to the specific role, we’ll retain your details (with your permission) for future consideration.
Apply for this job
Location: FrankfurtKyiv /
Date found: 2023-03-17