We are looking for a motivated and talented Character Artist with focus on External Development.
The Character Artist will be responsible for overseeing the deliveries created by external partners and ensuring the visual direction is carried through into the game to the highest quality.
The successful candidate will be expected to provide feedback, manage, and integration of art as well as drive the external development content creation of a wide variety organic and non-organic character elements.
Candidates must be able to hit the internal standards of art, have good knowledge of Game Development and exceptional oral and written communication skills.
Relocation & Remote Work
Although we believe living close to our studio helps foster team spirit and stronger bonds between team members, we understand that people have different needs and expectations for their place of residence. You have a choice of three location options, allowing you to work with Crytek from anywhere you wish:
1. Come to our modern headquarters in Frankfurt and receive an attractive relocation package and have access to all of our benefits.
2. If you are already living in a European Union member state, we are able to offer you a permanent work contract and allow you to work remotely as an employee from there.
3. If you are interested in full-time remote work in any other country outside of the European Union, we can offer you a freelance contract arrangement.
- Supervise and provide clear technical and aesthetic feedback to external teams.
- Work with Art Director and other artists to ensure consistency between vision and implementation of assets.
- Understand and follow style guides to guarantee the consistency of the game.
- Implement approved assets, along with making any needed fixes to ensure consistent high quality standard.
- Track external development on daily basis and incoming assets.
- Creating in-game Characters when needed, following a concept art or art direction by keeping in mind and following the technical requirements.
- Work together with stakeholder to define and determine outsourcing needs.
- 5+ years experience in game development
- Expert understanding of current game art processes, limitations and dependencies
- Strong knowledge of 3ds Max or Blender, Photoshop, Substance Painter and Zbrush
- Strong knowledge of common real-time game engines
- Strong knowledge of understanding of anatomy.
- The ability to manage and supervise mid-level and junior artists and willingness to carry out mentorship tasks.
- Ability to deliver and receive constructive feedback
- Good English communication and writing skills.
- Positive, problem-solving and team-oriented attitude.
- Be proactive, self-motivated and be able to work without direct supervision.
- Heavy focus on Character Art
- Keen eye on detail and realism
- Proficiency in high and low poly modeling Proficiency in Texturing, following PBR rules
- Strong technical skills (clean modeling / baking / UVs etc.)
- Strong artistic skills (Shapes / colors / proportions)
- Ability to create new and refine existing designs
A portfolio or reel that demonstrates the following:
- Previous experience with external production and/or directing others through written communication.
- Experience with CRYENGINE
- Traditional Art background
What you can expect from us
Work-life balance is not just a hollow term for us. At Crytek, we offer you the option to either work from home or in our studio.
Your professional development is important to us, so we have laid out a career plan to help you progress towards your goals and objectives.
To help you get settled, we provide you with a fully furnished company apartment during your first three months in Frankfurt.*
We offer a relocation budget and full coverage of flights to Frankfurt for you and your family.
You can expect extensive assistance with visa, work permits, and communication with authorities during the relocation process, as well as help settling into Germany (e.g. setting up appointments with banks, government agencies, schools, landlords, finding apartments etc.).*
Public Transport Pass
Discover Frankfurt by bus, tram and metro – free of charge.*
A healthy body is a healthy mind. We offer a membership at the premium gym chain Fitness First in Germany. Work out, join group fitness classes, or relax in the wellness facilities.
We truly embody diversity at Crytek. With employees from over 42 different countries, we define ourselves by our cultural diversity.
Understanding the local culture will make your stay abroad more enjoyable, and Crytek supports that by offering German language courses for you and your family.
At our Frankfurt office you can enjoy 24 days of vacation per year, and every 2 years you get 1 more (up to a maximum of 28 days). You will also have on average 10 public holidays on top of the days you take off. If you are working from another country, local standards apply.
*only applicable to employees in Frankfurt.
Apply for this job
Location: Frankfurt & Remote
Date found: 2022-11-19
Get jobs like this directly to your Inbox
Create Profile and Get Noticed