Skydance offers a dynamic, inclusive, and ever-evolving culture where innovative ideas are welcomed, and growth fostered. The partnership between unique creativity and technological advancements are demonstrated within each pillar of the company. At the heart of it all is a commitment to boldly entertaining and relevant storytelling.
While all Animation studios look to hire people who are creative and hard-working, Skydance Animation is specifically looking for pioneers who seek to push the limits of what the world’s most collaborative art form can achieve, and to give those pioneers the space and the resources to build a new studio that’s doing something different.
As the CFX Supervisor, you will lead a team of CFX artists in creating hair and fur groom, cloth, muscle, fat, etc. rigs during asset creation. You will oversee the character effects with the technical animation team during shot production, partnering with the VFX Supervisor, Character Supervisor and CG Supervisor, ensuring the vision is carried out on schedule and within budget.
- Oversee and review the CFX work of a team of CFX artists, ensuring the artistic brief and guidelines from the Production Designer, VFX Supervisor and Character Supervisor are met for the assigned project.
- Communicate creative concepts to the CFX team, supervise the quality of the work, while working closely with the production team to meet deadlines.
- Artistically guide the look of grooming in CFX prior to reviewing with Character Supervisor, VFX Supervisor and Production Designer/Director in coordination with the Shading Supervisor.
- Filter work before presenting it to the VFX Supervisor/Art Director/Director for approval.
- Keep up on current artistic methodologies and technology trends and tools that best suit the production and the company.
- Define the workflows and techniques more appropriate for each challenge, including grooming, cloth rigs, fat/skin setups, feathers, etc.
- Follow up and coordinate with CG Sup and R&D new needs in development for the upcoming challenges.
- Act as the primarily contact person of the department and take responsibility for the team, maintaining crew morale, fostering good working atmosphere and ethics.
- Collaborate and keep fluid communication with other departments.
- Mentor potential up-and-coming talent to make them grow in the Studio.
- Partner with HR to source and recruit the best industry talent for the department.
- 8+ years of professional experience in VFX or animation industries.
- 4+ years of experience as Lead in the animation industry.
- A strong creative/technical background as proven leader in setting direction for a production and for inspiring and motivating production staff.
- Extensive knowledge of procedural systems for technical animation on characters.
- Experience in xGen, Yeti, Shave&Haircut or other grooming and simulation systems.
- Experience in nCloth, Qualoth, Marvellous Designer.
- Experience in Houdini or Maya. Knowledge of Arnold and shading.
- Experience in building pipelines.
- Highly proficient in English.
Skydance is a diversified media company founded by David Ellison in 2010 to create high quality, event-level entertainment for global audiences. The Company brings to life stories of immersive worlds across its feature film, television, interactive, and animation divisions.
Skydance is proud to be an equal opportunity employer committed to building and fostering a diverse, equitable, and inclusive workforce. We welcome and consider applicants for employment regardless of race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, citizenship, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, pregnancy status, military/veteran status, disability, or any other protected category. Diversity in the workplace is not just a commitment, it is who we are and a reflection of what makes our world special.
Recruitment Fraud Alert
It has come to our attention that there may be fraudulent activity by individuals impersonating our Talent Acquisition team. Skydance will only contact you from an official “@skydance.com” email address. If you suspect that you are being contacted by an unauthorized person or believe that the correspondence you have received is suspicious, please do not click on any links or attachments in such emails and submit any questions or concerns to our information security team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Apply for this job
Location: Madrid, Spain
Date found: 2022-11-06
Get jobs like this directly to your Inbox
Create Profile and Get Noticed