Frontier, an independent developer and publisher of video games, is seeking a Capture Artist to create high-quality in-game capture content for trailers and other video content. The ideal candidate should have strong communication skills, be a good team player, and have an avid interest in video games. They should also have a varied showreel of capture work demonstrating skills in still frame imagery, cinematography, and an eye for narrative. The company offers a competitive salary and benefits package, including a success-based annual bonus, share option schemes, pension, life assurance, private family healthcare, flexitime working hours, enhanced maternity/paternity package, in-house subsidised catering, support with relocation, a Cycle to Work scheme and free bike servicing, and social events.
Frontier is an established, market leading independent developer and publisher of videogames for PC and consoles. We have achieved serial successes across a wide variety of titles including Elite Dangerous, Planet Coaster, Jurassic World Evolution, Planet Zoo and F1 Manager. Founded in 1994, we are based in the world-leading technology cluster and historic city of Cambridge, England. With a growing team of over 800 talented people supporting our existing portfolio and ambitious future roadmap, along with our publishing label Frontier Foundry, we are passionate about creating innovative genre-leading games and authentic worlds for our communities of players.
Purpose of the role
Capture Artists are able to find the best of what a game has to offer. They represent the players experience, their aspirations, and the developer’s intentions. When working in tandem with a Video Artist this comes together to provide an engaging set of creative work that shows the product, and the work of those who made it, in its greatest light.
- Capturing high-quality in-game capture content for trailers and other video content
- Utilize debug functions including new and evolving in-game tools to create footage
- Work closely with the other members of the Video Department, Marketing and Creative Services teams to create game trailers, development diaries and a whole host of other video content
- Compose and capture video and still images that show off key features, specific moments and upcoming content, looking its absolute best
- Understand all of Frontier's games, keeping up to date with latest updates, DLCs etc
- Work under the guidance of senior members of the team as well as provide detailed support to the rest of the media team.
- Confident, responsive and creative individual, who can bring fresh ideas
- Ability to communicate effectively with team members and the wider company
- Desire to learn and grow within the company
- Strong organisational skills
- A pragmatic problem-solver
- A good team player, willing to work collaboratively and receive feedback and guidance from the rest of the team and stakeholders
- A varied showreel of capture work demonstrating both skills in still frame imagery, cinematography, and an eye for narrative
- An avid interest in video games
- An understanding of development or industry experience, and photographic or video work, would be desirable
What we can offer you
We offer the chance to work with talented and passionate people, developing and publishing sophisticated and enduring games in a creative and collaborative environment. We love what we do, and we work hard to provide outstanding experiences for our player communities. Frontier rewards this passion and determination by sharing in the company’s success and by supporting our teams to keep doing what they love.
Well-being is a big focus at Frontier and we are continually evolving how we can support our staff. We encourage a healthy work/life balance and host a range of well-being activities, initiatives and sessions to support both mental and physical health.
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package, which includes a success-based annual bonus, share option schemes, pension, life assurance, private family healthcare, flexitime working hours, enhanced maternity/paternity package, in-house subsidised catering, support with relocation, a Cycle to Work scheme and free bike servicing, and social events.
We welcome and encourage applications from qualified candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy or maternity, religion or belief.
Apply for this job
Location: Cambridge Hybrid / Remote /
Country: United States
Date found: 2023-03-17