At Rockstar Games, we create world-class entertainment experiences.
A career at Rockstar Games is about being part of a team working on some of the most creatively rewarding and ambitious projects to be found in any entertainment medium. You would be welcomed to a dedicated and inclusive environment where you can learn, and collaborate with some of the most talented people in the industry.
Rockstar Games is on the lookout for talented C++ Senior Software Engineer in Test to join our online services Core Security team in New York City. Come join a passionate and dedicated team of individuals focused on growing our online platform and providing industry-leading game experiences to our players.
Social Club is a technology platform comprised of:
- Services to power our online games, including matchmaking, cloud saves, player stats, and leader boards.
- Community building and sustaining features, such as user-generated content and the rapidly expanding Social Club social network.
- Game companion applications, including second-screen experiences on mobile, tablet, and the web.
- Player management and mass communication systems for customer experience and marketing initiatives.
- Enforcement tooling and operations for anti-cheat and application security.
- Gameplay data pipelines and analytics tools that comprise the Rockstar business intelligence platform.
WHAT WE DO
- The Rockstar Games Social Club is a technology platform that powers Rockstar’s online titles and our ability to deliver world-class player experiences.
- We create and maintain high-impact features for Grand Theft Auto Online, Red Dead Online, the Rockstar Games Launcher, and the Social Club website, as well as the core Social Club player accounts ecosystem and related social and messaging channels.
- We also align technology and tools with our digital distribution platform to create solutions that enhance our games and empower various teams within Rockstar – including development, marketing, security, and customer support – to engage with our players.
- Build tools to design & develop testing pipelines to validate correctness for Core Security applications.
- Drive automation efficiencies and coverage effectiveness using different automation framework tools and techniques.
- Collaborate with developers to review development code and build effective tests to ensure proper validation of correctness.
- Understand, troubleshoot, and reproduce issues reported, ensuring the development team are made aware of priority issues.
- A degree in computer science or a related field (or equivalent experience).
- Proficient in C++.
- Excellent problem-solving skills with an emphasis on debugging code.
- Experience with debugging C++ applications using debuggers (e.g. CDB, WinDBG, GDB).
- Experience building automated test frameworks for unit/integration/end-to-end testing.
Please note that these are desirable skills and are not required to apply for the position.
- Experience with x86 or x86_64.
- Experience with disassemblers and decompilers such as IDA Pro.
- Knowledge of Windows Internals (PE, API's, processes, threads, etc.).
- 5+ years of experience as a SDET, Software Engineer, or similar.
- Experience with C++ compilation pipeline (e.g. LLVM).
HOW TO APPLY
Please apply with a CV and cover-letter demonstrating how you meet the skills above. If we would like to move forward with your application, a Rockstar recruiter will reach out to you to explain next steps and guide you through the process.
Rockstar is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and we are committed to hiring, promoting, and compensating employees based on their qualifications and demonstrated ability to perform job responsibilities.
If you’ve got the right skills for the job, we want to hear from you. We encourage applications from all suitable candidates regardless of age, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, belief, or race.
The pay range for this position in New York City at the start of employment is expected to be between the range below* per year. However, base pay offered is based on market location, and may vary further depending on individualized factors for job candidates, such as job-related knowledge, skills, experience, and other objective business considerations. Subject to those same considerations, the total compensation package for this position may also include other elements, including a bonus and/or equity awards, in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits. Details of participation in these benefit plans will be provided if an employee receives an offer of employment. If hired, employee will be in an "at-will position" and the company reserves the right to modify base salary (as well as any other discretionary payment or compensation or benefit program) at any time, including for reasons related to individual performance, company or individual department/team performance, and market factors.
Location: Manhattan, New York, United States
Country: United States