The Pokémon Company International
Get to know The Pokémon Company International
The Pokémon Company International, a subsidiary of The Pokémon Company in Japan, manages the property outside of Asia and is responsible for brand management, licensing, marketing, the Pokémon Trading Card Game, the animated TV series, home entertainment, and the official Pokémon website. Pokémon was launched in Japan in 1996 and today is one of the most popular children's entertainment properties in the world.
Learn more online at Pokemon.com and on Facebook (facebook.com/pokemon), YouTube (youtube.com/pokemon), Twitter (twitter.com/pokemon), and Instagram (instagram.com/pokemon).
Get to know the role
Job Title: Business Systems Analyst - Organized Play
Organized Play is committed to creating the best experiences that encompass all of our live events and programs related to playing our video and trading card games casually and competitively, from hobby stores around the globe to our premier events! With human-centered design in mind, this role will analyze complex business problems in this space to be solved with business process (re-)engineering and technology. The personas that we support are retailers, league owners, internal teams, our elite tournament organizer and professor community, event team and of course, our players and employees! The role will be responsible for the solution evaluation, selection, installation, administration, upgrade/enhancement maintenance, support, and documentation of processes and software that support the Pokémon Company International (TPCi) Organized Play line of business and ensuring that the business processes and technology stack stay relevant over time. To be successful in this role you will have experience taking products to market (custom and COTS products) within a global community, driven by real-world events and dates.
FLSA Classification (US Only): Exempt
People Manager: No
What you’ll do
- Understanding the business need by persona, identify opportunities for a better experience and provide technical expertise in functional and non-functional requirements that will scale new and current systems, processes and procedures in a cost effective manner.
- Understands the entire ecosystem of tools and data flow and ensures systems are connected and processes automated as much as possible.
- Support Product Owner and Delivery teams in delivery of prioritized features and roadmap.
- Works with software quality team to plan and execute unit, integration and user acceptance testing to meet business requirements.
- Create and maintain system and business process documentation for internal and external use.
- Administers system configuration
- Leads cross-functional teams to address business or systems issues.
- Process improvement subject matter expert.
- Maintain a knowledge base for departments throughout the company.
- Vendor management: Collaborate, negotiate, delegate and direct.
- Works on elements of large, complex installations.
- Project management qualities: understanding risks, change management, how to create clarity in ambiguous environments and drive projects over the finish line.
- Performs all aspects of programming assignments and assists with systems design.
What you’ll bring
- Five (5) to seven (7) years of related professional experience bringing products to market in a global environment with distributed teams and customers.
- Experience in production support/operations final tier escalation experience desired.
- Experience documenting business processes and technical documents required.
- Experience writing technical documents
- Experience managing Software as a Service (SAAS) applications such as Salesforce CRM.
- Experience working with internal technical teams developing custom applications.
- Experience in Human Centered Design, Design Thinking
- Certifications such as: CSPO, CSM, Lean Six Sigma, Kaizen preferred.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, Atlassian products (Jira, Confluence).
How you’ll be successful
- Passion for Pokémon: Develops an understanding of the Pokémon brand, the impact it has on our people, culture, business, fans, and communities, and applying that knowledge and passion to everything you do.
- Challenging the Expected: Approaches challenges with curiosity and creativity, embracing the possibility of failure as an opportunity to learn something new, develop innovative ideas, solve complex problems and identify unique opportunities.
- Integrity and Respect: Demonstrates integrity and respect by leading with empathy, listening to others, seeking out different perspectives, and taking personal responsibility for decisions, actions, and results.
- Dedicated to Quality: Takes ownership to maintain and promote high standards, looks for new ways to learn and improve, and embraces a growth mindset to seek and apply feedback from others in an effort to continuously improve.
- Building Relationships: Develops and strengthens relationships, adopting a “team first” mentality and working collaboratively to solve problems and meet shared goals.
- Delighting Customers: Listens and understands the interests and needs of our customers and stakeholders, making them feel heard and important, and embracing these learnings to continue delivering a unique Pokémon experience.
What to expect
- An employee first culture
- Company events that celebrate the spirit of Pokémon
- Competitive cash-based compensation programs
- Base salary range: $102,000.00 - $152,000.00. This range is applicable for the labor market where the role is intended to be hired. It is common for TPCi to start employees below the midpoint of the range. Final base salary is directly related to each candidates' qualifications and experience uniquely.
- 100% employer-paid healthcare premiums for you
- Generous paid family leave
- Employer-paid life insurance
- Employer-paid long and short-term income protection insurance
- US Employees: 401k Employer Matching
- UK/IRE Employees: Pension Employer Contributions
- Fitness reimbursement
- Commuter benefit
- LinkedIn learning
- Comprehensive relocation package
- Hybrid work environment
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this role. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required. Employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed. For roles in the United Kingdom, candidates will need the right to work. In some cases, and for some roles, the Company may be able to arrange a visa. For roles in Ireland, this role requires candidates to have the right to live and work in the Republic of Ireland. However, we welcome applications from all nationalities and may consider supporting an employment permit application, in appropriate and suitable cases.
Location: Bellevue, Washington, United States
Country: United States