PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play — it’s also the Best Place to Work. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in entertainment producing The PlayStation family of products and services including PlayStation®5, PlayStation®4, PlayStation®VR, PlayStation®Plus, acclaimed PlayStation software titles from PlayStation Studios, and more.
PlayStation also strives to create an inclusive environment that empowers employees and embraces diversity. We welcome and encourage everyone who has a passion and curiosity for innovation, technology, and play to explore our open positions and join our growing global team.
The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
The GSBO Sales & Operations team are part of a vibrant organisation that brings together staff from around the world, with a passion for engaging PlayStation gamers with relevant and entertaining content. This area of Sony Interactive Entertainment has seen significant growth in recent years to become a key revenue contributor and continues to evolve with the industry to create new business opportunities.
The Business Planning team will look to drive accountability for business results through empowering leadership with data & intelligence, implementing critical metric frameworks linked to our goals and accurate forecasting & planning. We are looking for individuals who are motivated by being part of a truly global team, working together at the forefront of digital content distribution.
Reporting to the Business Planning Manager the Business Planning Analyst will be part of a small team responsible for planning & forecasting PlayStation’s Digital Store revenue. They will design and implement forecasting models that deliver business recommendations, identify risks/opportunities and achieve forecast accuracy.
The ideal candidate is an enthusiastic and flexible teammate with a strong analytical mind; an excellent communicator who thrives in a fast-paced commercial environment.
What you’ll be doing:
- Create and run forecasting models for the digital store following key planning assumptions
- Assist with the forecast submissions to FP&A teams including accurate and timely completion of templates as required
- Provide insights and commentary on Digital Store revenue performance, identifying key drivers of variances with a solid understanding of Key Performance Indicators to measure deliverables outlined in a Business Plan
- Ensuring ‘one version of the truth’ with the wider business
- Effective stakeholder management, with the ability to engage, communicate and develop consensus
- Ability to translate strategy / targets into actions
- Continuous improvement of processes/ways of working
- Ad-hoc activities as required
As the role is global, a flexible approach to working hours to support global business operations.
What we are looking for:
- 5+ years’ experience as a business analyst or a highly commercial financial analyst role
- Forecasting experience crucial
- Highly proficient using Excel/PowerPoint
- Proven track record of using data to provide actionable recommendations and drive business decisions
- Strong verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to balance multiple projects and prioritise
- Experience with systems e.g. Anaplan (Desirable)
- CIMA/ACCA Qualified (Desirable)
- Discretionary bonus opportunity
- Hybrid Working (within Flexmodes)
- Private Medical Insurance
- Dental Scheme
- 25 days holiday per year
- On Site Gym
- Subsidised Café
- Free soft drinks
- On site bar
- Access to cycle garage and showers
Equal Opportunity Statement:
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender (including gender identity, gender expression and gender reassignment), race (including colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin), religion or belief, marital or civil partnership status, disability, age, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, trade union membership or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
PlayStation is a Fair Chance employer and qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records will be considered for employment.
Location: United Kingdom, London
Country: United Kingdom