Business Development Lead
The Business Development Lead for the Americas will be responsible for building deep and meaningful relationships with a small number of priority clients in the video games industry. You will work in Improbable’s ‘Games Technology Unit’ for the Vice President of Business Development.
You will liaise with key internal & external stakeholders to develop and execute strategies to drive adoption of Improbable products and services. You will be accountable for building trust with large game development teams, networking, deal strategy, deal negotiation & execution, as well as nurturing relationships to create long term business opportunities with the largest and most influential video-game companies in the world.
Areas for Impact:
As a regional Business Development Lead for the Americas your insight, market knowledge and ability to network and influence with AAA game studios and publishers will ensure that:
1) Improbable will have an accurate (written and aligned on internally) understanding of the inner-workings of each of your priority clients - their org charts, decision-making processes, projects, suppliers, goals, etc.
2) Improbable will be known, understood and trusted by a wide range of decision-makers within the priority clients (measured through survey and interaction)
3) Improbable will generate significant number of opportunities (invitations to bid for work) from each priority client after a period of integration (the number of opportunities will vary based on the priority client)
4) Improbable will have a synthesised strategic understanding of the market (trends, competitive movements, thematic needs, etc.) that comes from the combination of our efforts will all priority clients that will influence product development, selling and business strategy, etc.
We'd like to hear from you if you identify with the following:
- You have demonstrated significant skills in a sales role with a familiarity of best practices and techniques in selling and building relationships with games/technology businesses
- Built games / have an understanding of AAA game development
- A working relationship with a target priority client - you know them and a significant number of decision-makers in the company know you
- Highly organized, allowing you to help the company learn - all communication is recorded, plans are clear and shared broadly, etc.
- An ability to martial and organise the resources of the company to serve the needs of priority clients in a focused and successful manner
- Ability to balance opportunities with internal resources
- Ready to thrive in a highly collaborative team based environment.
While we think the above experience could be important, we’re keen to hear from people that believe they have valuable experience to bring to the role. If you identify with the team and mission, but not all of our requirements, then please still apply!
Improbable is determined to foster an environment where people can do their best work and feel like they belong. We believe a healthy culture, strong values and contribution from a diverse range of individuals will help us to achieve success.
We do not discriminate based on race, ethnicity, gender, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any other legally protected status.
Life at Improbable
Diversity, inclusion & belonging
Apply for this job
Location: Remote - Canada
Date posted: 2022-01-20