As a leading mobile games developer, our vision is to make premium entertainment games that are an enduring part of our players' lives. We combine the best creative talent in the world with our proprietary tech platform to create the deepest, richest, and most engaging mobile entertainment experiences.
We’re on the hunt for innovative talents who consider themselves collaborative, and thrive in a dynamic environment. Founded in 2016, the Berlin studio has launched two successful games: Mahjong City Tours and Solitaire Showtime. We are looking for individuals who take ownership, want to have an impact in our team and the lives or our players, and enjoy working in a talented team and growing studio as part of Jam City’s global organization.
This is a vacancy for our Berlin office. We offer relocation support and visa sponsorship. Currently we work with a hybrid mode of three days at the office and two at home.
ABOUT THE ROLE
We’re currently looking for a Business Analyst who loves data and has the ability to surface insightful visualizations and information through their research. While working independently providing ad-hoc and as well as recurrent analysis, you will work closely with all of the studio departments (Engineering, Game Design, Customer Support, Product Management), as well as the studio leadership. Your ability to thoroughly understand the business needs will help you to deliver recommendations to support the game's success and have a direct impact on the game KPIS. You will deliver reports, investigate trends, create automated procedures, and derive action items based on data. The biggest opportunity of this role is to build a picture and tell our game story based on data sets from different sources while identifying business opportunities to make our game more exciting.
- Analyze large, complex data sets (unstructured and structured) representing the behavior of mobile game players to address strategic and operational business questions.
- Provide actionable recommendations and conclusions based on game data to shape features, game economies, and future product roadmaps.
- Work closely with the leadership to identify and define analytical requirements that will help produce better games as well as insights that will impact monetization and retention strategies.
- Build automated dashboards and reports to facilitate company-wide awareness and understanding of key business metrics and players’ experience.
- Continuously develop thorough analysis and conclusive insights that drive decisions and strategies for user acquisition, retention, and monetization.
- Manage multiple projects at a time in a fast-paced, results-oriented environment.
- Create regular presentations for the studio leadership and other team leads to discuss game performance and suggest improvements.
- 3+ years of analytical work experience, preferably for a web or mobile company in the online gaming industry.
- BA/B.Sc. in Statistics / Math / Engineering / Economy or another quantitative field.Strong SQL with experience in querying large, complex data sets.
- Advanced Excel, Tableau knowledge.
- A methodological approach for data together with strong ability to present the data clearly and efficiently to support business decisions.
- High level of analytical and problem-solving skills with strong attention to details.
- Ability to execute research projects, and generate practical results and recommendations.
- Excellent communication skills – someone who can turn complex concepts into actionable recommendations for a wide audience.
- A true passion for understanding consumers’ social gaming behavior and tolerance for ambiguity.
CHECK OUT LIFE AS A JAM CITIZEN:
- Company news and events on our LinkedIn
- Company Blog
- Employee Feedback on our Comparably page
- Find videos on our teams and games on our Youtube
OUR COMMITMENT TO EQUITY, DIVERSITY, & INCLUSION
We believe in creating games that unite people across the world and that showcase our commitment to providing an environment that is both inclusive and diverse for our players and employees. We strive to create a workforce that is reflective of our global player community as we know that we are stronger and better when we play together. To help promote an inclusive culture, we celebrate the visible and invisible diversity of our Jam Citizens through initiatives including Employee Resource Groups, cultural events, trainings, speaker series, and more.
Jam City is an equal opportunity employer. We enthusiastically accept our responsibility to make employment decisions without regard to race, age, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, ancestry, religion, ethnicity, marital, or domestic partnerships status, disability, genetic information (including the refusal to submit to genetic testing), predisposing genetic characteristics, military status, veteran status, domestic violence victim status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expressions, or any other classification protected by federal, state, and local laws. Our management is committed to following this policy with respect to hiring, placement, promotion, transfer, demotion, layoff, termination, recruiting, pay, and other forms of compensation, training, and general treatment during employment.
ABOUT JAM CITY
Jam City is an award-winning mobile entertainment studio providing unique and deeply engaging games that appeal to a broad, global audience.
Led by CEO Chris DeWolfe, former MySpace co-founder and CEO, and COO Josh Yguado, former 20th Century Fox executive, Jam City is the creative powerhouse behind some of the highest-grossing and most enduring mobile games. Jam City’s global franchise Cookie Jam has generated more than half a billion dollars, and Panda Pop has more than 120 million downloads to date.
The company also is the go-to studio for Hollywood, having developed immersive, narrative-rich mobile games around iconic entertainment brands. The company’s popular RPG game Harry Potter: Hogwarts Mystery was the #1 game in more than 40 countries at its launch in April 2018.
Jam City has nine studios located in Los Angeles (HQ), Berlin, Buenos Aires, Bogotá, Burbank, Cedar Falls, San Diego, San Francisco, and Toronto.
Apply for this job
Date posted: 2022-01-20