Business Analyst - Strategy & Finance
GetMega is one of the first skill based Real Money Gaming platform for the smartphone generation of the world. We are building a platform where players are pitted against each other to compete in various games requiring skills like Reaction, Attention, Spatial and Logic Reasoning, Visual and Auditory Processing etc. We haver games accross various categories including some of the well known cards and casual game. You should definitely checkout our app at www.getmega.com
GetMega is founded by two Computer Sciences Undergraduates from IIT Kanpur who have previously run and sold VC funded startup in the logistics domain. We are based out of Bengaluru, India and have raised multi-million dollar funding from Top-Tier Institutional Venture Capitalists to disrupt the multi-billion dollar skill based gaming market around the world.
Values of an A-Grade Business Analyst:
Business-Minded: We believe in a mix of data-led and intuitive/Player Focus Group Discussion (FGD) based business decisions. You will have to work closely with our Players, Data and business teams to understand their psyche, so we can create a more frictionless experience for Mega players.
Ownership & Delivery: We work in small cross-functional teams; you should be able to drive your projects with minimal guidance under the time that you commit.
Whatever it takes: Problems may come from unknown territories; you should have what it takes to solve the mystery. Talk with different teams, learn new skills, delve deeper into the problem.
What should you deeply care about?
DATA, PRECISION, CLARITY, STORY-TELLING
What would you be doing?
- Work cross-functionally to tackle more complex problems such as acquisition and retention forecasting, LTV, ROI analyses, supply/demand equilibrium monitoring
- Recommend courses of action to support executive decision making in strategic business planning activities - Gathering and analyzing information, formulating and testing hypotheses, and developing and communicating recommendations
- Create analytical models to address key business questions and translate the output into clear findings and recommendations
- Work with Business, Product, Design, and Data engineering teams for continuous improvement of data accuracy through feedback and scoping on instrumentation quality and completeness
- Partner with product/business teams to consult, develop and implement KPIs, automated reporting/process solutions and data infrastructure improvements to meet business needs
- Performing qualitative and quantitative analysis of business MIS, KPIs and benchmarking
- Work closely with the accounting team to ensure accurate financial reporting
- Provide analysis of trends and forecasts and recommend actions for optimization
Superpowers you’ll need to be a success in this role?
- 1 to 3 years of experience gained through business, analytics, operations, corporate strategy background
- Hands-on experience on data manipulation tools like SQL, R/Python, Advanced Excel
- Exposure to Business Intelligence Platforms like Power BI, Tableau, Data Studio, Amplitude, etc.
- Basic knowledge of machine learning techniques for Regression, Classification etc.
- Ability to work collaboratively with a variety of internal and external stakeholders, drive cross-functional projects and maintain high ownership
- Hands-on experience in financial modeling, business analysis, and competitive bench-marking
- Excellent oral and written skills with strong interpersonal skills
- Strong research capabilities, thorough analytical abilities, and business acumen
What would you get from Mega?
- The rare opportunity to join one of the hottest Indian startups with multi-million dollar funding. We are not just another gaming studio but are creating the largest skilling platform in the world.
- Above market compensation. We believe to hire the top 100 talent of the country in any field (tech/product/design), we need to be a paymaster.
- Obvious sweet perks like daily catered breakfast and lunches, endless coffee, and dry snacks. We believe in enabling our employees by removing trivial tasks like packing breakfast/ordering lunch/going out for coffee etc.
- Swanky custom-built office space. It's a fact that any individual spends a major portion of their lives in the office. There's no reason to cut corners in providing the best office space ever.
- Reimbursements. The company will reimburse any expense made by an employee to reach our goals. Period.
- We are open to giving out any benefits which will further empower our employees to create the Mega which we collectively envision.
GetMega is committed to building a diverse and inclusive company that celebrates and develops individuals of all backgrounds. We are an equal opportunity employer and encourage all applicants.
Apply for this job
Date posted: 2022-01-20