Gunzilla Games is an independent AAA game developer working on a Battle Royale 2.0 Off The Grid game. They are looking for a Biome Artist to create immersive realistic biomes through vegetation assets for their game. The responsibilities of the Biome Artist include creating natural environment biomes, working with designers and concept artists, taking ownership of biome content, sharing knowledge of project tools, and participating in R&D of new techniques. The requirements for the position include 3+ years of experience as a Biome or Vegetation artist, experience in creating vegetation assets, strong 3D & 2D art skills, knowledge of 3ds Max, Photoshop, and Substance packages, experience using Zbrush or an equivalent sculpting software, and ability to work in a team setting. Gunzilla offers flexible working, health insurance, revenue-based bonuses, English/German courses, 25 annual paid vacation & sick days, public transportation, relocation & accommodation support, and office perks & gym membership. They encourage diversity and promise that every application will be given the same consideration. The recruitment process includes filling in the registration form, sending a CV & portfolio, Zoom call with the recruitment team, hiring manager and team Zoom interviews, competency test (if required), and final decision.
ABOUT GUNZILLA GAMES
Founded in 2020, Gunzilla Games is a fresh, independent AAA developer working on its Battle Royale 2.0 Off The Grid in three metropolitan locations: Frankfurt, Germany (HQ); Los Angeles, USA; and Kyiv, Ukraine. The company is helmed by serial entrepreneur CEO, Vlad Korolev and CSO Alexander Zoll. Gunzilla is built on the desire to innovate and push the limits of the industry.
Gunzilla’s formidable team of talent comes from a variety of industry-leading studios and publishers (Ubisoft, Electronic Arts (EA), THQ etc) as well as Oscar-nominated screenwriter, director and producer Neill Blomkamp, Chief Visionary Officer, and the author of the Altered Carbon series, that has been adapted into a popular Netflix show, Richard K. Morgan, Script Writer.
Gunzilla Leadership team includes well-known industry professionals like Timur Davidenko, Chief Technology Officer (Far Cry, Warface, and Crysis), Scott Probin, Studio Director (EA Sports’ NHL series, the Need for Speed franchise, Populous 2, Powermonger, Space Hulk), Oleksiy Plaksin, Lead Art Director, (Moto GP and RIDE, Warface and Act of Aggression, Sniper: Ghost Warrior), Dmitriy Markov, Technical Director (Metro: Exodus, Arktika.1), Volodymyr Savin, Audio Director (Cut the Rope, Metro Exodus, HBO Chernobyl series).
- Players First & Foremost. We aim to create titles that players love and get lost in, so our games are developed with them in mind from the start.
- We Believe in Our People. We believe in building strong teams of self-motivated individuals empowered to work at their best in a supportive environment; when we’re strong together, we thrive together.
- Commitment to Engagement & Quality. We are deeply passionate about what we do, ensuring we produce next-generation experiences of the highest calibre.
- Make Bold Moves & Innovate. We strive to make bold moves and push technology to its limits; there are no wrong steps if the outcome redefines the boundaries.
- Open & Honest. We believe in building trust through transparency and honest communication. We’re proud of who we are, what we stand for, and what we’re building.
ABOUT THE JOB
Gunzilla Games are looking to recruit a talented Biome Artist to create immersive realistic biomes through vegetation assets for our game OTG (Off The Grid), an all-new AAA Battle Royale 2.0 third-person shooter, due for release on PlayStation®5, Xbox® Series X|S and PC
- As the Biome Artist you will:
- Creating natural environment biomes using existing assets or making new ones
- Work actively with designers and concept, Environment & Technical artists to work collaboratively to create outstanding environments that fit the games style and realism
- Helping scope work for on-time milestone delivery
- Taking ownership of Biome content including creation of landscape materials, foliage assets, and other related resources, materials or assets that enrich the character of biomes.
- Share knowledge of project tools and their functions
- Work closely with peers and other departments such as programming to ensure art assets are fully optimized for target platforms while minimizing any impact on artistic integrity
- Participate in R&D of new techniques to implement into the production pipeline
- 3+ years of experience as a Biome or Vegetation artist with experience in creating vegetation assets like trees, bushes, and grass in a real-world setting
- Have worked as a Biome or Vegetation artist on at least 1 Shipped AAA title
- Strong 3D & 2D art skills with knowledge in 3ds Max, Photoshop, and Substance packages, especially node-based art creation in unreal and substance designer
- Experience using Zbrush or an equivalent sculpting software
- Experience with Biome Generation tools, rulesets and ability to shape natural feeling & Diverse environments
- Creative & artistic eye for Biome composition especially lighting/shading & Materials
- Possess a good knowledge of PBR workflow and shader techniques
- A proactive, can-do attitude, with an eagerness to learn new software tools and technologies
- Ability to work in a team setting, under deadlines and time constraints
- Ability to work with a high degree of self-direction and motivation
- Flexible Working & Work from Home
- Health Insurance
- Revenue Based Bonuses
- English / German Courses
- 25 Annual Paid Vacation & Sick Days
- Public Transportation
- Relocation & Accommodation Support
- Office Perks & Gym Membership
COME AS YOU ARE
Videogames are for everyone, so everyone should have the opportunity to create them. We’re looking for a huge variety of unique life experiences to help shape the worlds we’re developing, so promise your application will be given the same consideration as everyone else’s, regardless of your background. Let’s make video game history together!
OUR RECRUITMENT PROCESS
Here’s what you can expect when applying at Gunzilla.
· Simply fill in the registration form and send us your CV & Portfolio, if applicable
· If your selected, you’ll be contacted by our recruitment team for a Zoom call.
· After this the next steps would be Hiring manager and Team Zoom interviews, or you’ll be invited to meet us at our recruiting studio.
· Some roles require a competency test, which the recruitment team will support you on.
· Following your interview, we’ll contact you either way.
· If the interview went well but we feel you aren’t suited to the specific role, we’ll retain your details (with your permission) for future consideration.
Apply for this job
Location: FrankfurtKyiv /
Date found: 2023-03-17