The Pokémon Company International
Get to know The Pokémon Company International
The Pokémon Company International, a subsidiary of The Pokémon Company in Japan, manages the property outside of Asia and is responsible for brand management, licensing, marketing, the Pokémon Trading Card Game, the animated TV series, home entertainment, and the official Pokémon website. Pokémon was launched in Japan in 1996 and today is one of the most popular children's entertainment properties in the world.
Learn more online at Pokemon.com and on Facebook (facebook.com/pokemon), YouTube (youtube.com/pokemon), Twitter (twitter.com/pokemon), and Instagram (instagram.com/pokemon).
Get to know the role
Job Title: Project Manager
Job Summary: This role will organize, manage, and deliver projects/programs for the organization.
FLSA Classification (US Only): Exempt
People Manager: No
What you’ll do
- Assist in the development of Pokémon Trading Card Game products by being a point of contact between stakeholders in Japan and TPCi cross-functional teams.
- Support Sr. Manager, Bi-lingual Project Manager to maintain and promote excellent relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Assist in coordinating with stakeholders in Japan so that the TPCi cross-functional teams are fully informed to conduct Pokémon TCG product development and resolve issues promptly.
- Use project management tools to track project progress and manage project related information and documents in an organized manner.
- Seek to optimize and simplify processes as they are developed with a focus on continual improvement.
- Responsible for other administrative work based on business needs.
- Documents decision with meetings notes, following on action items as required.
What you’ll bring
- Three (3) to four (4) years of related professional experience.
- Bachelors degree required.
- Business level of bilingual communication skills both in English and Japanese.
- Strong project coordination with good communication and organizational skills.
- Must have experience in playing with the Pokémon TCG or any other TCG.
- Experience in designing TCG game products is strongly preferred.
- Detail-oriented, dedicated to accuracy, and able to maintain focus under pressure.
- Demonstrated experience with localization projects and cross-cultural awareness.
- Ability to manage time efficiently and ability to organize work effectively.
- Ability to handle a variety of assignments, balance priorities and meet deadlines.
- Ability to work independently and also demonstrate capacity to work in a team.
- Proficient in Word, Outlook, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Passion for and knowledge of entire gaming industry.
How you’ll be successful
- Passion for Pokémon: Develops an understanding of the Pokémon brand, the impact it has on our people, culture, business, fans, and communities, and applying that knowledge and passion to everything you do.
- Challenging the Expected: Approaches challenges with curiosity and creativity, embracing the possibility of failure as an opportunity to learn something new, develop innovative ideas, solve complex problems and identify unique opportunities.
- Integrity and Respect: Demonstrates integrity and respect by leading with empathy, listening to others, seeking out different perspectives, and taking personal responsibility for decisions, actions, and results.
- Dedicated to Quality: Takes ownership to maintain and promote high standards, looks for new ways to learn and improve, and embraces a growth mindset to seek and apply feedback from others in an effort to continuously improve.
- Building Relationships: Develops and strengthens relationships, adopting a “team first” mentality and working collaboratively to solve problems and meet shared goals.
- Delighting Customers: Listens and understands the interests and needs of our customers and stakeholders, making them feel heard and important, and embracing these learnings to continue delivering a unique Pokémon experience.
What to expect
- An employee first culture
- Company events that celebrate the spirit of Pokémon
- Competitive cash-based compensation programs
- Base salary range: $70000.00 - 105000.00. This range is applicable for the labor market where the role is intended to be hired. It is common for TPCi to start employees below the midpoint of the range. Final base salary is directly related to each candidates qualifications and experience uniquely.
- 100% employer-paid healthcare premiums for you
- Generous paid family leave
- Employer-paid life insurance
- Employer-paid long and short-term income protection insurance
- US Employees: 401k Employer Matching
- UK/IRE Employees: Pension Employer Contributions
- Fitness reimbursement
- Commuter benefit
- LinkedIn learning
- Comprehensive relocation package
- Hybrid work environment
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this role. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required. Employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed. For roles in the United Kingdom, candidates will need the right to work. In some cases, and for some roles, the Company may be able to arrange a visa. For roles in Ireland, this role requires candidates to have the right to live and work in the Republic of Ireland. However, we welcome applications from all nationalities and may consider supporting an employment permit application, in appropriate and suitable cases.
Internal Job Profile: Project Manager (IC2)
Get jobs like this directly to your Inbox
Create Profile and Get Noticed