BI Data Engineer
Hi-Rez Studios is looking to hire a BI Data Engineer to work at our studio in Alpharetta, Georgia.
At Hi-Rez, you will have an opportunity to be part of an innovative environment that embraces new and different ideas. We are a passionate and enthusiastic bunch who love video games. We have incredibly talented individuals who are empowered to create, and challenged to learn. All of this means more opportunities for you to unleash your energy, collaboration, and dedication.
The Platform Division of Hi-Rez Studios is responsible for the development and support of programs that affect all Hi-Rez Products.
Come join the creator of the critically acclaimed SMITE, Paladins & Rogue Company, as we embark on exciting new game projects!
What our BI Data Engineers do:
- Develop and maintain our data warehouse and data lake environments.
We are looking for someone with:
- 3-6 years of IT operation, with understanding of database structures, theories, principles and practices.
- 2-4 years of Microsoft SQL Server experience. SQL 2016. T-SQL. Stored procedures.
- 2-4 years of Microsoft SSIS experience.
- 1-2 years of Amazon Redshift experience.
- 1-2 years of Azure Data Lake experience.
- 1-2 years of Azure Data Factory or Azure Synapse Pipeline experience.
- 1-2 years of Azure Spark (or Databricks)
- 1-2 years of Azure Event Hubs (or Apache Kafka)Maintain, create, and monitor ETL processes.
- Proactively monitor the system hardware utilization, make capacity planning periodically for database systems
- Establish and maintain appropriate end-user database access control levels, actively monitor the databases to ensure secure availability.
- Create, maintain and extend scripts which are used in answering business questions or processing database changes.
- Technical documentation skills.
- Team-oriented but self-motivated.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Problem solver.
Preferred candidate has:
- BS Degree in one of the following subject areas: Computer Science or Information Technology
- Knowledge of reporting and query tools: Tableau, AnswerRocket
- Data engineering experience in AWS Cloud
- Scripting in other languages: Windows Powershell, Python
Apply for this job
Location: USUK Remote /
Date posted: 2022-01-20