JOB TITLE: Backend Software Engineer
LOCATION: Brno, Czech Republic or Brighton, UK
REPORTS TO: Lead Backend Engineer
Hangar 13 is looking for a Backend Software Engineer to help design and develop backend features for AAA Games.
What You Will Do:
- Collaborate with Designers and other developers to design Backend solutions to game requirements.
- Implement Backend systems to support the game.
- Collaborate with other developers to integrate the online backend features in the game client.
- Work with proprietary existing software technology and build new technology in order to fulfil the project’s technical requirements.
- Identify technical and developmental risks/obstacles and generate solutions to overcome identified risks.
Who We Think Will Be A Goof Fit:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related discipline
- 2+ years designing robust, high performance scalable systems using Go (or similar), or else solid experience with C++. The ideal candidate will have a working knowledge of both backend and game side languages.
- Experience with Unix like operating systems
- Commitment to code quality, documentation, and sound testing procedures
- Ability to learn and master new technologies and code
- Ability to work independently and efficiently under deadlines
- Experience with industry standard tools e.g., Git, GitHub, VS Code.
Nice To Have:
- Experience using Docker and Kubernetes
- Experience with cloud technologies, preferably any of the following AWS, Azure and Google Cloud Platform
- Realtime multiplayer peer to peer or client server experience
- Shipped one or more game titles
- Good knowledge of software design fundamentals/principles ( e.g. CLEAN Architecture)
Who We Are:
Hangar 13 is an internal 2K development studio based in four locations: Brno & Prague (Czech Republic), Novato (California), and Brighton (UK), working collaboratively as one team. Each of our locations provides the opportunity to Bravely Create on big-budget, AAA console titles in a diverse and inclusive environment. At Hangar 13, we want people driven by curiosity — Visionaries who aren’t afraid to explore new territory. Intrepid individuals who embrace the weird, the challenging, the unconventional. We’re continuing to build a space that empowers you to take risks and redefine what’s possible, Where your inquisitive nature is nourished — A home for people who aren’t satisfied with what is, but who are obsessed by what could be. So bring your talent, Your unique point-of-view, Your fearless tenacity, And together, we’ll Bravely Create
Located in the south-east part of the Czech Republic, just a 2-hour drive from Prague, 3 hrs from Budapest and mere 90 minutes from Vienna, surrounded by vineyards from the south-east and highlands from the north-west, Brno is a comfortable place to live and work. This Czech Republic´s second largest city offers everything you need without the big city rush - modern architecture, perfect cuisine, award-winning bars, and diverse countryside.
Located just 45 minutes via train from London, Brighton is one of the UK’s most diverse and downright interesting cities. Sat right on the south coast of England, the city is home to a vibrant creative community and is known as an easy-going and tolerant place to live and work. Brighton is home to Victorian piers and palaces, brightly coloured stucco homes and a 5-mile long shingle beach which becomes a post-work social hub during the summer months.
Onsite amenities inside our state-of-the-art Brighton studio include a fully equipped kitchen, games room, gym (with showers) and our very own bar. We’re a 30 second walk from Brighton station.
Please note that 2K Games and its studios never uses instant messaging apps or personal email accounts to contact prospective employees or conduct interviews and when emailing, only use 2K.com accounts.
Location: Brno, South Moravian, Czech Republic
Country: Czech Republic