At Rockstar Games, we create world-class entertainment experiences.
A career at Rockstar Games is about being part of a team working on some of the most creatively rewarding and ambitious projects to be found in any entertainment medium. You would be welcomed to a dedicated and inclusive environment where you can learn, and collaborate with some of the most talented people in the industry.
Rockstar Dundee is currently seeking a highly talented Tools Programmer focused on our varied Automation and CI/CD systems. This is an exciting opportunity to work closely with our game development teams, across all development disciplines, and help drive our tools technology forward to support the creation of all of Rockstar Games projects.
The Automation Tools Programmer role will focus on developing, maintaining, and optimising our automation and CI/CD systems used across multiple projects and platforms. This work involves dealing with code builders, asset builders, smoke testers and our reporting infrastructure.
This is a full time permanent position based out of Rockstars’ unique game development studio in the heart of Dundee.
WHAT WE DO
- We create and maintain software tools that are used by all game development disciplines to support the creation of all Rockstar Games projects.
- These software tools range from digital content exporters, a data processing asset pipeline to game, CI/CD automation systems and UI editors.
- Work with the Tools team on a wide range of automation focused tasks within an established codebase.
- Implement tasks to specification defined by the Lead Tools programmers.
- A degree in Computer Science, related field or equivalent work experience.
- Strong .Net/C# skills.
- Experience with at least one scripting language (e.g. Ruby, Python, PowerShell).
- Strong team communication skills.
- Ability to work within a team.
- Ability to work within a schedule and deliver effectively to deadlines.
Please note that these are desirable skills and are not required to apply for the position.
- Experience working with widely available CI/CD systems such as TeamCity or Jenkins.
- Experience working with container platforms such as Docker.
- Experience with IT automation systems such as Ansible or Puppet.
- Experience with C/C++.
- Experience with ASP.Net.
- Experience working with SQL/NoSQL databases.
- Familiarity with one or more RPC frameworks such as WCF or gRPC.
- Familiarity with one or more ORM frameworks such as NHibernate or Entity Framework.
- Games industry experience working on AAA titles.
HOW TO APPLY
Please apply with a CV and cover-letter demonstrating how you meet the skills above. If we would like to move forward with your application, a Rockstar recruiter will reach out to you to explain next steps and guide you through the process.
Rockstar is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and we are committed to hiring, promoting, and compensating employees based on their qualifications and demonstrated ability to perform job responsibilities.
If you’ve got the right skills for the job, we want to hear from you. We encourage applications from all suitable candidates regardless of age, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, belief, or race.
Location: Dundee, Scotland, United Kingdom
Country: United Kingdom