At Rockstar Games, we create world-class entertainment experiences.
A career at Rockstar Games is about being part of a team working on some of the most creatively rewarding and ambitious projects to be found in any entertainment medium. You would be welcomed to a dedicated and inclusive environment where you can learn, and collaborate with some of the most talented people in the industry.
Rockstar San Diego is on the lookout for a talented Audio Programmer who possesses a passion for innovative procedural audio in games. This is a full-time permanent position based out of Rockstar’s state-of-the-art game development studio in Carlsbad, California.
WHAT WE DO
- The Rockstar audio programming team is responsible for the technology that powers the audio and music in our games.
- We’re committed to creating incredibly immersive interactive audio, pushing the sonic boundaries of what’s possible in our medium.
- Collaborate within a multidisciplinary audio team to design and implement cutting edge interactive/procedural audio systems.
- Work closely with audio designers to implement SFX into the game world.
- Work with Rockstar’s audio technology team to develop world-class audio middleware.
- Work alongside the core programming team to manage the audio system’s performance and feature set.
- Scheduling and tracking of their own work, and coordinating their work with other members of the audio team.
- A degree in Computer Science or Software Engineering, or equivalent professional experience.
- Strong math skills (linear algebra, trigonometry, matrix/quaternion math).
- In-depth knowledge of digital audio concepts, data formats, tools and processes.
- Excellent C++ programming skills.
- Strong object-oriented design.
- Understanding of technical limitations and trade-offs, and an interest in exploring the potential of new audio technology to creatively solve problems.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work within our large interdisciplinary team.
Please note that these are desirable skills and are not required to apply for the position.
- Knowledge of modern audio middleware such as Wwise or FMOD.
- Experience with real-time signal processing (DSP) and synthesis/procedural audio.
- Familiarity with 3D audio spatialization concepts including ambisonics and HRTFs.
- Interest and knowledge in acoustic simulation.
- Experience working on highly multi-threaded software.
- Experience working as an Audio Programmer on PC or console games development.
HOW TO APPLY
Please apply with a resume and cover letter demonstrating how you meet the skills above. If we would like to move forward with your application, a Rockstar recruiter will reach out to you to explain next steps and guide you through the process.
Rockstar is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and we are committed to hiring, promoting, and compensating employees based on their qualifications and demonstrated ability to perform job responsibilities.
If you’ve got the right skills for the job, we want to hear from you. We encourage applications from all suitable candidates regardless of age, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, belief, or race.
The pay range for this position in San Diego at the start of employment is expected to be between the range below* per year. However, base pay offered is based on market location, and may vary further depending on individualized factors for job candidates, such as job-related knowledge, skills, experience, and other objective business considerations. Subject to those same considerations, the total compensation package for this position may also include other elements, including a bonus and/or equity awards, in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits. Details of participation in these benefit plans will be provided if an employee receives an offer of employment. If hired, employee will be in an "at-will position" and the company reserves the right to modify base salary (as well as any other discretionary payment or compensation or benefit program) at any time, including for reasons related to individual performance, company or individual department/team performance, and market factors.
Location: Carlsbad, California, United States
Country: United States