We're looking for an Audio Manager to join our team! This individual is responsible for instilling excellence across Insomniac’s audio team through the direct management, mentorship, and development of a world-class team of Audio Designers and Leads. The role provides a critical component of the studio’s mission to create games that have a positive and lasting impact on people’s lives by helping foster an environment of craft excellence, collaboration, and positivity.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
- Supervises direct reports on the Audio team and participates in strategy and decision making as a member of the department's leadership group.
- Meets regularly with team members to offer experienced guidance, provide constructive feedback, conduct performance assessments, facilitate the team’s best work, and ensure adherence to best practices.
- Evaluates team members’ goals and objectives and ensures that department goals are being met.
- Manages the career growth and development of direct reports on the Audio team.
- Facilitates team training via internal and external sources as well as providing mentoring on an individual basis.
- Fosters a safe work environment by ensuring all complaints and concerns related to inappropriate or unprofessional conduct in the workplace are addressed immediately.
- Assists the Director of Audio Management with project staffing, hiring, and onboarding.
- Collaborates with Department Head and Leads to develop, refine, and document best practices.
- Regularly plays games in development and reviews content to provide feedback and help identify opportunities for craft development.
- Advocates for direct reports' individual well-being.
- Builds and maintains relationships with peers and other senior leaders to align project and departmental priorities.
- Advocates for studio cultural values and fosters an environment of craft excellence, collaboration, and inclusion.
- Collaborates with Director of Audio Management on long-term strategic resource planning and technical solutions to ensure growth through creative problem solving and operational constraints.
- Collaborates with Audio Leads and Project Management to creates project audio schedules and may assign employees to projects to balance the needs of production with the professional development needs of the employee.
- Other duties may be assigned
Supervisory Responsibilities: Supervises employees across all audio disciplines and studio locations and is responsible for carrying out duties in accordance with the studio's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include but are not limited to interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Large team leadership, with experience navigating multiple simultaneous projects.
- Creative collaboration and problem solving, with an understanding that many times it’s appropriate to defer to the expertise of specialists.
- Expertise in the development, production, and delivery of AAA games and/or Audio Post-production.
- Demonstrated high-level business, strategic and contemporary management skills oriented both towards the big picture and operational detail.
- Effective time management, with the ability to delegate tasks and focus on larger issues while monitoring critical smaller details.
- A strong critical eye for detail and the ability to communicate effectively with the team to resolve issues.
- Communication with both large groups and individuals, with excellent written and oral communication skills.
- A leadership style that is marked by personal visibility, open communication, relationship building, collegiality, and teamwork
- Well-developed interpersonal skills and the poise and the ability to relate effectively to others at all levels, state a point of view, and advocate for a position within a strong and assertive senior executive group
Education and/or Experience: 7+ years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. 5+ experience in original sound effect design, creation, mixing, processing and/or implementation, dialogue recording and editing, audio post or music composition in a AAA production development studio.
- Detailed knowledge with Wwise tools.
- Avid Pro Tools, Sound Forge, Waves and other DAW-based audio hardware and software (or equivalent) user
- Microsoft Word, Powerpoint and MS Project.
Does this sound like you? Please submit your resume and cover letter to be considered. We look forward to reviewing your submission!
Get jobs like this directly to your Inbox
Create Profile and Get Noticed